preview the new redweek.com!

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 1 of 9

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   next page»

Message Author

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Short version: promised 90 minutes and $300, received OVER 4 hours and $0.

Longer version: Having read reviews from people who have lost their money, I should begin by saying all we lost was a half day of our vacation, but we are still mad a week later. We were convinced by Efrin Fitch, who the timeshare people themselves refer to as a "body snatcher" at the Advantage Car Rental that a pleasant 90 minutes would earn us $300 CASH "green money". At the 3 hour mark, after Nick (and Ian, and others) had used every ridiculous combination of numbers possible to make buying at Grand Mayan seem like it made sense, we told him no thanks and ask for our gift. After 30 more minutes of "survey" with Rafael and such questions as: "describe in one word why you are not taking advantage of this wonderful offer", we again ask politely for our money. After over 30 more minutes of stalling us and handing us back and forth between different people, each of whom was supposedly going to help us, we finally gave up and left in disgust, just as like several other vacationers ahead of us had done.

The icing on the cake was when we ran into Nick at the Walmart in Cabo that same afternoon. He tried unsuccessfully to avoid my family, and when I ask him (in front of his girlfriend) if he was proud to lie for a living, he acted as if he had no idea why I was upset and suggested that I go back to the Grand Mayan and "just ask for my money".

As I told my ordeal to every tourist who would listen all week in Cabo, I heard more and more similar complaints about Vida Vacations in Los Cabos, as well as complaints from people actually staying at the Grand Mayan, a subsidiary I think of Grupo Maya. My motto now: No Gracias.

Avatar for robertd617 robertd617

2 years ago
Dec 03, 2011

Give us an opportunity to make things right!

Dear "Robertd617":

The comment you have posted on this site has been brought to our attention. As you can imagine, monitoring the internet is an impossible task for anyone, so we sometimes rely on the help of our committed clients to inform us about this type of remarks when we are not contacted through the proper channels.

We would like to be given the opportunity to investigate this further as this does not reflect the way we treat our guests. If you received such treatment from members of our staff, we would like to be able to report it and take the necessary actions to prevent this from happening again.

So forth, you can email us at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com. We would very much like to know who you are to provide you personalized assistance.

We value and respect both our members and non members. Allow us to provide you the quality service you deserve as honoured guests of our brands that continuously receive recognitions throughout the international travel industry.

We are grateful for your time.

Sincerely,
Karen Rose
Customer Support Representative.

Last edit by grupom on Feb 24, 2014 07:08 AM.

Avatar for grupom grupom

2 years ago
Dec 15, 2011

Give us an opportunity to make things right!

Wow, you got a response! We own a Grand Mayan timeshare and despite the problems that have been reported and we occasionally have, I believe that the Mayan resorts is one of the better timeshare resorts out there. We usually are treated with respect at the sales meetings, although they always keep us longer than 90 minutes. Sometimes we get a real jerk as a sales person, but that seems less and less common.

Conversely, we purchased at Hacienda del Mar (Cabo) thinking that we got a good deal, and later on we discovered that we were lied to (multiple ways) just to get us to sign up. There is an example of a terrible timeshare company!

Last edit by lesterw10 on Dec 27, 2011 04:49 PM.

Avatar for lesterw10 lesterw10

2 years ago
Dec 27, 2011

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

I wish we had seen your post before we went to Puerta Vallarta. We had the same experience there with Vida. Oscar promised us a 90 minute presentation, $350 US dollars, and a $75 dinner gift certificate. After saying "no gracias" many times, we finally gave in when he said there would be no pressure and we would not spend more than 90 minutes. The Vida sales people were very high pressure and downright insulting when we declined to buy. Only with great persistence did we get our promised "gifts" after 3 hours of high-pressure sales. We tried many times to end the session and said we were ready to leave. They just kept bringing more people to talk to us. We would never recommend Vida to anyone and because of their treatment, we'll never go to another timeshare presentation.

Avatar for laurels32 laurels32

2 years ago
May 02, 2012

The resolved my issue to satisfaction

Last edit by rickk136 on May 24, 2012 07:44 AM.

Avatar for rickk136 rickk136

2 years ago
May 05, 2012

rickk136 wrote:
I'm glad you only loss your time. We lost our money to them also. I really wished I did more research on the internet about them. This is my story about their deceitful practices that Myan Resorts, Vida Vacations, and their partners use. Simply put, avoid MYAN RESORTS and their sale practices at all costs!! Don't believe me, a simple Google Search "Grand Mayan Scam" will pull up all the information you need. I've provided a few links to make this more convenient for you. My story is very similar to the thousands of others out there but I want to publish this to as many people as possible. If you are interested in my story please continue to read and also see the response from Grand Mayan below.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=124478

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138856

http://grand-mayan-resorts.pissedconsumer.com/grand-luxxe-grand-mayan-scam-20120
423314135.html

The fraudulent misrepresentation starts when you walk through the doors. They will offer you free breakfast and a tour of the resort. The resort is huge, so it appears to be a wise choice and they claim this will not take up much of your time. What they do not share with you is the truth. You will be attending a high pressure sales presentation that will consume your entire day to the point where you feel the need to buy something to get out of the room. Even through all this, I was still able to accept the initial lie and was participating as a willing listener. What I did not realize is that everything they were telling me continued to be lies and consistent from all three high pressure sales people they forced me to listen to before I could sign out and leave. I've been through timeshare presentations and even made a purchase in the past, but this one is much different. Previous companies may pressure you, but are not willing to flat out lie to you. My other timeshare has been reputable and everything I expected. This is not the case with Mayan Resorts and Vida Vacations. Mayan Resorts does this day in and day out to hundreds of people and takes their hard earned money. They ask for you to rent the weeks through another company they work with and you will get $1000.00 to $1500.00 back for each week you own. They claim the only way you would not be able to rent it is if a natural disaster happens. The company they asked me to work with was Golf Marketing Connections because the golfers they work with need places to stay when they travel to Mexico for golf. This company also collects money from you (see below) to rent the weeks, but the upfront fee is worth it because it will help you pay for your investment. They will also sell your current timeshare for an estimated price that is provided to you. THESE ARE ALL LIES COMING FROM MAYAN RESORTS AND VIDA VACATIONS!!! These companies are a 'front' and it appears their websites are even fake. You are willing to give your hard earned money to the overpriced Mayan Resorts because they have assured you that you will get it back through rental and selling your current timeshare. They know darn well that this a LIE and the company they use to help you with this is also a scam working together!!

You find out about the fraudulent misrepresentation when you get home and start contacting these companies and follow the instructions you've been told. The website links don't even work!! This is a scam and continues to happen day in and day out the minute your plane hits the ground in Mexico. Unless you've been burned by them before, educated about this, or much skeptical of people than I am.......you will get trapped. Just avoid these people, the resorts, and any business partners associated with them.


Have you reported this to PROFECO (the consumer protection agency in Mexico)? You can google for contact info.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
May 06, 2012

I am currently retracting my statement of Grand Mayan due a resolution between the the company and I. I will let you guys know if this turns out well.

Last edit by judyl254 on May 09, 2012 09:23 PM.

Avatar for judyl254 judyl254

2 years ago
May 07, 2012

I also Agree. I was told the same thing about up front money from the Golf group. The only way to keep up with what they say is to have a tape recorder. I do not know where you could get one with long enough battery life for all the bull. They will do anything,even open credit card accounts through RCI to get you. I am still fumiing 2 years later. I would may salesman name if I thought it would do any good. I felt very taken days later.

Avatar for davidc845 davidc845

2 years ago
May 07, 2012

Give us an opportunity to make things right!

Well I have been reading many complaints about The Grand Mayan/Vida Vacations. We have been members for 7 years and we have taken many trips to different locations and have enjoyed them all.

However we took our most recent trip last week to one of favorite spots Playa and we did the usual try to get an update this is our first trip since Vida Vacation has taken over. And they were going to update us and we ended up getting a sales pitch instead. And we are still unclear what part Vida Vacation plays in the Grand Mayan. Not sure we got the whole story. Hopefully our membership is in tact. They would not put that in writing for us.

But we had received a call from Vida Vacations asking us to call them they were having special promotions. So we did and they were offering $300.00 towards our vacation if we booked a trip.
We were interested but we needed to check the details of when we could get flights etc. So there were a number of calls and u always get someone new. But long story short when we went to check in we confirm our $300.00 discount and it was there and when we went to check out magically there was no $300.00 promotion.

We were basically called liers and wasted allot of time trying to resolve this issue and in talking to JR, Joe and who know who else they were not going to give us the promotion we were promised.

So they have turned a very happy customer into a very unhappy customer over $300.00. Shame on you Vida Vacations.

We were offered $300.00 on our next trip who knows if that will happen they don't put these promo's in writing.

Besides anyone can get that deal now and I have heard that other people have had the same experience. So beware of the promotions.

P.S. When Grand Mayan ran a promotion it was always honored,
so hopefully in the future we will get back to the service that we bought into.

Avatar for lorih360 lorih360

1 year ago
Oct 16, 2012

Give us an opportunity to make things right!

lorih360 wrote:
Well I have been reading many complaints about The Grand Mayan/Vida Vacations. We have been members for 7 years and we have taken many trips to different locations and have enjoyed them all.

However we took our most recent trip last week to one of favorite spots Playa and we did the usual try to get an update this is our first trip since Vida Vacation has taken over. And they were going to update us and we ended up getting a sales pitch instead. And we are still unclear what part Vida Vacation plays in the Grand Mayan. Not sure we got the whole story. Hopefully our membership is in tact. They would not put that in writing for us.

But we had received a call from Vida Vacations asking us to call them they were having special promotions. So we did and they were offering $300.00 towards our vacation if we booked a trip.
We were interested but we needed to check the details of when we could get flights etc. So there were a number of calls and u always get someone new. But long story short when we went to check in we confirm our $300.00 discount and it was there and when we went to check out magically there was no $300.00 promotion.

We were basically called liers and wasted allot of time trying to resolve this issue and in talking to JR, Joe and who know who else they were not going to give us the promotion we were promised.

So they have turned a very happy customer into a very unhappy customer over $300.00. Shame on you Vida Vacations.

We were offered $300.00 on our next trip who knows if that will happen they don't put these promo's in writing.

Besides anyone can get that deal now and I have heard that other people have had the same experience. So beware of the promotions.

P.S. When Grand Mayan ran a promotion it was always honored,
so hopefully in the future we will get back to the service that we bought into.


This is clearly fraudulent activity .... you need to report it to Profeco (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico). You can google for contact info.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

1 year ago
Oct 17, 2012

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

It's terrible what happened to you! I read your whole experience and i just couldn't believe how tricky and dishonest the Mayan Palace salesmen can be. My husband and i went through a similar situation last year at the Mayan Palace in Mazatlan.
Unfortunately PROFECO it's not the best association to contact. I invite you to read this article:

http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/51-mayan-palace-timeshare-scam/

It's really helpful to us, hope it can be the same way for you. Good luck!

Greetings,
Angelina

Avatar for angellinac angellinac

1 year ago
Oct 23, 2012

Message deleted.

Avatar for ivanc28 ivanc28

1 year ago
Jan 22, 2013

Update and Response

Dear Readers,

This note is just to update you on a previous situation in which the user “Lorih360” reported an experience during her sojourn at The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya. I am pleased to inform you that after having direct contact with her back in October 2012, we were able to help her and we are continuing our business relationship in harmony.

Additionally, we would also like to take the opportunity to address the post made by the user "IvanC28".

Unfortunately, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. These allegations are unfounded as many members have indeed exchanged their membership with our real estate partners.

We have thousands of happy clients that can safely attest to our dedication for our members and guests; and we strive to continue providing options for our members to improve their vacation experience for the resort that will suit their plans the best. That being said, if anyone accepts to upgrade their membership is under their own free will.

Lastly, our Santuario is a magnificent new space in Nuevo Vallarta, which serves as a lounge and bar. During the morning the Santuario is flooded with light and it is an ideal time to sit for fresh coffee, fruit and pastries. The sense of openness and light gives it a great energy and really makes you happy. Throughout the day, the bar is open and the kitchen serves light snacks and sandwiches. Evenings at Santuario are filled with exotic cocktails, interesting performances and excellent entertainment in a lively atmosphere. The performances and entertainment may vary in the future and indeed, sometimes there may be a cost; but overall, the admittance is free (although any consumption has a cost) and again, you can voluntary attend as everyone is welcomed!

It is through diligence and dedication that we keep our members happy. We do care and we have confidence all issues anyone has can be addressed as soon as we are contacted.

Each case is different and that is why we would like to be contacted at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446.

We are devoted to provide the most spectacular vacations on the best beach locations available in Mexico and we strive to resolve any matters properly channeled through us.

We truly appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
Karen Rose
Customer Support Representative.

Last edit by grupom on Jan 23, 2013 01:15 PM.

Avatar for grupom grupom

1 year ago
Jan 23, 2013

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Don't fall for Ivan's scam. He just wants to bilk you out of money. He claims there is no upfront fees but just before they can complete the transaction they come up with a " fee " that has to be paid. It's just a way for them to scam money from you. It's a scam that has been going around for a while out of Mexico. Once you money goes south of the border it's gone forever. Don't become their next victim.

Avatar for donp196 donp196

1 year ago
Jan 23, 2013

Update and Response

grupom wrote:
Dear Readers,

This note is just to update you on a previous situation in which the user “Lorih360” reported an experience during her sojourn at The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya. I am pleased to inform you that after having direct contact with her back in October 2012, we were able to help her and we are continuing our business relationship in harmony.

Additionally, we would also like to take the opportunity to address the post made by the user "IvanC28".

Unfortunately, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. These allegations are unfounded as many members have indeed exchanged their membership with our real estate partners.

We have thousands of happy clients that can safely attest to our dedication for our members and guests; and we strive to continue providing options for our members to improve their vacation experience for the resort that will suit their plans the best. That being said, if anyone accepts to upgrade their membership is under their own free will.

Lastly, our Santuario is a magnificent new space in Nuevo Vallarta, which serves as a lounge and bar. During the morning the Santuario is flooded with light and it is an ideal time to sit for fresh coffee, fruit and pastries. The sense of openness and light gives it a great energy and really makes you happy. Throughout the day, the bar is open and the kitchen serves light snacks and sandwiches. Evenings at Santuario are filled with exotic cocktails, interesting performances and excellent entertainment in a lively atmosphere. The performances and entertainment may vary in the future and indeed, sometimes there may be a cost; but overall, the admittance is free (although any consumption has a cost) and again, you can voluntary attend as everyone is welcomed!

It is through diligence and dedication that we keep our members happy. We do care and we have confidence all issues anyone has can be addressed as soon as we are contacted.

Each case is different and that is why we would like to be contacted at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446.

We are devoted to provide the most spectacular vacations on the best beach locations available in Mexico and we strive to resolve any matters properly channeled through us.

We truly appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
Karen Rose
Customer Support Representative.


Although I've never been there, I'm sure it's a nice resort otherwise people would not buy or travel there.

The issue many people have with your resort, as well as with many other resorts in Mexico, is the timeshare sales presentations and the sales people.

Many people come onto forums such as this with complaints such as how what was promised to be only a 90-minute presentation turned into a 3-hour (or longer) ordeal. Or, how the sales people oversold the idea basically promising benefits that either did not transpire or were grossly exaggerated.

As well, there's the lack of respect and courtesy shown to presentation attendees who decline to, on the spot, shell out thousands of dollars with which they can't afford to part.

Whether or not the sales people at the Grand Mayan resorts are like that, I don't know. Like I said, I've never been there. But it's understandable why people might have such a low opinion of the resort since the sales people are perceived as part of the resort and a reflection thereof.

Avatar for lancec13 lancec13

1 year ago
Jan 23, 2013

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

We love the Grand Myan,, however, we too have gone through the 4 hour, 90 minute ordeal! We just got back from Cancun, a beautiful resort! We were told there that the pkg Vida sold us in Puerto Valarta, was not worth the paper it was printed on! We were told there to contact Global Marketing and they would rent out our property! So we paid them 600.00 and they said they would rent out our rooms for 1100.00 each! It has never happened! The representative in Cancun said that was never going to happen! Grrr.. Kind of strange, in talking with guests at the resort,, everyones fees were different and everyone bought in for a different amount!

They also told us that the pkg they were selling us had a larger inventory for Holiday Systems,, guess what,, they are the exact same!

I had contacted the buisness office several times, but no luck in returning my money! I will never go to another time share brkfast again!

Avatar for linb9 linb9

1 year ago
Feb 08, 2013

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

I just made the huge mistake of attending VIDA timeshare presentation.
It was truly a horrific experience. The sales 'presentation' was high pressure, expensive, did not make any investment or financial sense. The sales people presented themselves like low class card sharks. Very ungracious, pushy and we felt "trapped' - luckily we did not give the our I.d. Or credit cards.
I literally had to tell them I was was feeling ill before we were able to leave-4 hours later.
We got paid but a huge waste of a vacation day. Completely stressful.
Do not buy anything from them-

robertd617 wrote:
Short version: promised 90 minutes and $300, received OVER 4 hours and $0.

Longer version: Having read reviews from people who have lost their money, I should begin by saying all we lost was a half day of our vacation, but we are still mad a week later. We were convinced by Efrin Fitch, who the timeshare people themselves refer to as a "body snatcher" at the Advantage Car Rental that a pleasant 90 minutes would earn us $300 CASH "green money". At the 3 hour mark, after Nick (and Ian, and others) had used every ridiculous combination of numbers possible to make buying at Grand Mayan seem like it made sense, we told him no thanks and ask for our gift. After 30 more minutes of "survey" with Rafael and such questions as: "describe in one word why you are not taking advantage of this wonderful offer", we again ask politely for our money. After over 30 more minutes of stalling us and handing us back and forth between different people, each of whom was supposedly going to help us, we finally gave up and left in disgust, just as like several other vacationers ahead of us had done.

The icing on the cake was when we ran into Nick at the Walmart in Cabo that same afternoon. He tried unsuccessfully to avoid my family, and when I ask him (in front of his girlfriend) if he was proud to lie for a living, he acted as if he had no idea why I was upset and suggested that I go back to the Grand Mayan and "just ask for my money".

As I told my ordeal to every tourist who would listen all week in Cabo, I heard more and more similar complaints about Vida Vacations in Los Cabos, as well as complaints from people actually staying at the Grand Mayan, a subsidiary I think of Grupo Maya. My motto now: No Gracias.

Avatar for christopherk75 christopherk75

1 year ago
Feb 15, 2013

Foreigners (non Mexican residents) cannot own timeshares in Mexico .... they only own a 'right to use contract' until a certain time that the 'right to use date' is reached.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

1 year ago
Feb 16, 2013

Message deleted.

Last edit by robink129 on Mar 13, 2013 09:43 AM.

Avatar for robink129 robink129

1 year ago
Mar 01, 2013

My issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

My issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

Last edit by robink129 on Mar 13, 2013 09:44 AM.

Avatar for robink129 robink129

1 year ago
Mar 04, 2013

page 1 of 9

«prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests
Log in or sign up for free

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »