Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

want to buy a Marriott timeshare: advice needed (by L F.):

Looking for updated info regarding buying a Marriott TS directly from Marriott or from a private party?

kims345 wrote:
We would like to buy a Marriott TS and would like advice on the best way of going about it.

We are a family of 5 (kids age: 14, 11, 6). We live in Quebec, Canada. We want to use the TS to be able to travel to different areas. We enjoy the Caribbean. We would like to start to go to Europe. We like to have the flexibility to see new places. We could go back to the same place once and a while but not always. We are available to travel during Spring break (the first week of August for us) or during the Summer months. Right now we can manage in a 1 bedroom but soon will require a 2 bedroom.

Should I be looking at buying a week resale? I have read but it still isn't that clear on how it works if I want to go to another Marriott Vacation Resort. How do I chose the resort to buy into, how do I know about the point value of a week TS and how do I use this point value (is it within the Marriot vacation club or is it II)?. If I buy resale, I understood that I can not exchange into reward points. What can I do with the week if I own at a certain resort but want to travel elsewhere? Is II the only option?

Should I just buy points then?

What is the most economical way to buy (buying a week and traveling elsewhere, buying points (resale or developper?)

I read that it is a good idea to buy a week or a low amount of points and rent the remainder of what we would need (save on the initial cost along with on maintenance fees). ???

With the way we want to travel, is buying resale a good idea?