Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Anyone know about rental companies recommended by Mayan Palace? (by Andrew K.):

I am a member of VIDA which is the Grand Mayan Resorts. I own 3 “Grand Luxxe” level weeks per year. Last year (2014), I used 2 weeks and wanted to sell my 3rd week. I contacted Ivan Segal, Member Services, at The Grand Mayan in Cabo San Lucas. Ivan emailed me a “Property Managers” PDF which listed 3 vacation rental companies. I was on the phone with Ivan and he recommended using Golf Network by CVM. I contacted this company and spoke to a lady named Emma. She said that there was a one-time fee of $599.00 plus tax so about $650.00 total. I paid this by credit card and she emailed me a contract with this company which was dated October 25, 2013. I authorized Emma to sell one of my 2014 weeks. She told me that they would and keep me informed. I contacted them twice since and spoke to Emma again. She said that they did not sell the week yet. I recently contacted this company and found that no one answered the phone there. I checked their websites and they were no longer active. I sent 3 emails and none of them were responded to. I contacted VIDA reservations and explained my situation. I was told by a gentleman there that other members had also complained about this company. VIDA recommended this company first amongst the 3 that they sent me. I am very frustrated and angry and feel ripped off of not only $650.00 but also lost one of my 2014 weeks. I could have gone through other means to sell that week or use it myself. The current maintenance fee is $1085.00 per week. Therefore, I am out over $1700.00 for 2014. Does anyone have any recourse? The only thing that that VIDA representative kept repeating is “Yes, I understand sir” which he said at least 5 times but offered no other help or info. Thank you for any help or guidance available.

rayw108 wrote:
A Mayan Palace sales rep recently recommended 5 companies for renting my Mayan Palace timeshare. I contacted two of them, Vacation Time Company and Golf Network by CVM. They sounded good and almost guaranteed they could rent my two bedroom unit for about $2000 net. If you have any knowledge, experience, or just an opinion of signing up with one of these companies, I'd appreciate a response. They require up-front fees of about $350 (good for life). I'm sure renting it myself would be cheaper, but I like the convenience of using one of these companies, assuming they're not ripping me off.