Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone know about rental companies recommended by Mayan Palace?

Jun 19, 2013

A Mayan Palace sales rep recently recommended 5 companies for renting my Mayan Palace timeshare. I contacted two of them, Vacation Time Company and Golf Network by CVM. They sounded good and almost guaranteed they could rent my two bedroom unit for about $2000 net. If you have any knowledge, experience, or just an opinion of signing up with one of these companies, I'd appreciate a response. They require up-front fees of about $350 (good for life). I'm sure renting it myself would be cheaper, but I like the convenience of using one of these companies, assuming they're not ripping me off.

Ray W.
Jun 19, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. They just want the upfront money and then you will not hear from them again.

Don P.
Jun 20, 2013

Hi, I paid the upfront fees and never heard from a company again and they were recommended by Mayan.

Interested in other's perspectives.

And has anyone had any good experience trying to get a timeshare off their hands? Thanks!

Andrew L.
Jun 21, 2013

rayw108 wrote:
A Mayan Palace sales rep recently recommended 5 companies for renting my Mayan Palace timeshare. I contacted two of them, Vacation Time Company and Golf Network by CVM. They sounded good and almost guaranteed they could rent my two bedroom unit for about $2000 net. If you have any knowledge, experience, or just an opinion of signing up with one of these companies, I'd appreciate a response. They require up-front fees of about $350 (good for life). I'm sure renting it myself would be cheaper, but I like the convenience of using one of these companies, assuming they're not ripping me off.

The best and least expensive way to advertise a timeshare for rent or for sale is via internet timeshare ad sites such as Redweek. It's so easy and convenient for someone that's looking for a particular timeshare in a particular area and a particular date to peruse Redweek to see if what they want is listed.

R P.
Jun 21, 2013

andrewl23 wrote:
Hi, I paid the upfront fees and never heard from a company again and they were recommended by Mayan.

Interested in other's perspectives.

And has anyone had any good experience trying to get a timeshare off their hands? Thanks!

You can list it in Redweek's Bargain Basement .... in this economy many people are giving away their timeshares to rid themselves of everlasting yearly maintenance fees.

R P.
Jun 21, 2013

Understand you are still talking MEXICO! Any company they recommend is probably giving a kick back to this person. Why would any owner want to give their money away?

phill12

Phil L.
Jun 22, 2013

Part of the scam: see Vida vacation grand myan under timeshare companies thread

Katherine M.
Jun 22, 2013

Thank you to katherinem161. I posted the original message/question, and your response was very useful and led me to some good information.

Ray W.
Jun 23, 2013

You are most welcome. Seems the Myan does assisgn a human who seems genuine to help us Americans deal with bad purchases. It takes a while for it to sink in and I hope you fair better than we have. Additonally the initial fee to the Golf bussiness has an upgraded ( $ 250.00 ) class that will put you first in line for the rental. Once rented those units rent at premium and we are still standing in line. We are now convinced that we need to see if Myan will recind contract or apply our paid fees to unit so we are paid off. Thing is, the resorts are actually pleasant and I could enjoy it on occasion if I didn't have to talk to Dalia V. again. Swindled, sweet, and tobacco ladden these people are making a fine living and not looking back. I will update the board on my success with the Myan. They call weekly in the hopes that I retract my comments from the internet. Seems like many have done so from my reading. I would like to be able to post some satisfaction myself but thus far have not had success with the program.

Katherine M.
Jun 24, 2013

Not sure about these companies we have never used them. Before we purchased our first timeshare we were convinced that you could not trust anyone when it came to timeshares. Frankly, we had heard way to many ripoff stories. I can say we now own a week with Marriott and Hilton. We have developed a great relationship with Samuel Rodriguez. He has helped us not only understand the resale market but has saved us thousands of dollars. When we think about buying a timeshare, Samuel is the first person we call.

Tim G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 24, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 25, 2013

Tim go push your scam somewhere else.

Don P.
Aug 10, 2013

As a Mayan Palace timeshare owner, I am interest to get the reply to the original message about rental companies.

Jose T.
Aug 10, 2013

All the replies are given above. I decided NOT to try to have any of these companies rent my time-share unit. They are great at making promises and collecting money up front from you, but not very good on carrying through and renting your unit.

Ray W.
Aug 11, 2013

joset41 wrote:
As a Mayan Palace timeshare owner, I am interest to get the reply to the original message about rental companies.

And the original answer is the same ....never ever pay any entity a large upfront fee to list your timeshare for sale or rent .... if your timeshare is rentable then you can list it yourself on timeshare ad sites on the internet such as Redweek for a small fee etc.

R P.
Aug 14, 2013

I am an owner at MayanPalace. About 3years ago I listing with Regal rentals, which was recommended by Mayan. I paid $300 and was promised $2,500 per week rental. IT WAS A SCAM. They never contacted me. I kept on them. They had nothing but excuses. Bad economy, violence in Mexico. On and on. I even told them I would rent it for the same price as my maintanence. They went out of business. My advise. Do not use any of these rental companies.

Jerry

rayw108 wrote:

Jerry K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 14, 2013 08:56 PM

Aug 15, 2013

Also, be aware that there is no guarantee that any timeshare can be rented out = promises don't work .... bottom line, list it yourself on timeshare ad sites such as Redweek at a reasonable rental rate. If, after a certain amount of time determined by you, you haven't received any responses then lower your rental rate and keep doing so until you start getting responses.

R P.
Jan 09, 2014

Holo YO tambien estoy pensando que ese tiempo compartido que me vendieron suena a estafa pues ellos te envuelven diciendo que una vez colocadas las dos semanas estaras ganando 1600$ pero en mi caso le he solicitado varias veces por correo la informaciòn si ya puedo colocar las dos semanas en alquiler y nadie me constesta. si sabe algo de este sistema agradezco informar Gracias

Mairelis D.
Jan 10, 2014

If they can't answer you after repeated attempts, I would stay away from them. Most reputable companies have good communication with their clients and potential clients.

Also, they seem to have one of those offers that are too good to be true ($1600 for two weeks). If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

Remember to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or rent out your timeshare. That is always a scam.

Lance C.
Jan 10, 2014

I used a rental company Mayan reccomended and got ripped off. They ultimatley went out of business after stealing my $300.

My suggestion,Don't use any of these rental companies.

JJK

Jerry K.
Oct 10, 2014

the Mayan recommended the golf network which would certainly rent the time share every year, or so I was told. I bought into CVM and have had them for 3 years, as of yet no rentals and now they do not return my e-mails and have changed the original telephone numbers. I just found them on google and will try to call them again.

Greg C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.