Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Exploring Hilton Grand Vacations - at a specific resort (by Cara W.):

Hello!

My husband and I are considering looking into a timeshare for our annual vacations. We are based in Baltimore, MD but would want a timeshare that would allow the following:

- located close enough to drive if needed or fly (so I'm thinking basically East Coast) - located close to ample golf, tennis and a beach (again, thinking SC, FL, possibly So Cal/Arizona) - Would need a flexible week every year because our Spring Break varies acc'g to school calendar. - We love the beaches around Charleston and the FL gulf coast, specifically South Seas Island Resort in Captiva but would love a group that would include possible Caribbean travel as well, and eventually a European trip.

I have found that Hilton Grand has timeshares in South Seas which makes them high on the list. This said, does it benefit us to try and buy a timeshare (most likely through resale as I don't want to pay for an overpriced unit through South Seas/Hilton ) there specifically as our HOME resort? I'm still trying to learn specifically how the HOME resort benefits us.

As far as HILTON themselves, should I research other groups? I am having trouble finding out if Marriott/Wyndham/Hyatt offers timeshares at South Seas as well. Is there a way or a link that has this information online?

In addition, if we are interested in South Seas and go there for our 2016 spring break, do we subject ourselves to the tour/sales pitch to really SEE the units there themselves? If so, do they offer an incentives for us traveling there if they know we are interested in a possible purchase?

Looking forward to your helpful advice.