Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Greg S.):

Just reading Vida’s routine messages posted here from “The Customer Care Team” makes me so angry. Really? Like we didn’t try that first?

I spent a lot of time with customer service. I often wonder whether they think we are all idiots. There is no doubt that they are aware of the deceit and manipulation that happens in the “presentations”, after all, it appears to be a Vida Vacation culture. Further, they must be totally aware of complaints of not being able to book into properties as promised (Bliss especially), or being downgraded into lesser properties routinely. So if the Vida Vacation Customer Care team really wanted to resolve the “inconveniences” that they read about on forums like this, they need to take a little different approach than just mocking us by tossing the contracts in our face. Frankly though, it is clear that they are more interested in leeching cash from unwary new travelers, than earning an honest profit by providing a great product transparently. They could do either, but instead choose to profit using shady practices. A real pity.

As other readers have posted, the facilities and on-site staff are great. However, Vida Vacation business practices are dreadful and in my opinion, totally unethical. I hate the idea that a lot of my money they took is used to pay for their team of lawyers to defend these practices and impose them on others. I will help spread our frustrated message on all the other timeshare forums I can find. Hopefully, at least one potential customer will read our warnings before giving cash to feed this organization!