Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

First time renter in need of good advice - how to verify who I am renting from (by John C.):

Connie,

I've been renting my Orlando timeshare for 10 years and I'll tell you what I've done. So far, I haven't been ripped off, and each year, the renters seem to have a great time, since Orlando Grand beach is a top notch place.

(btw - I'd love to get rid of it, but as we all know, that's extremely difficult! separate posts on that.)

#1 - No "rush" deals. Vacations are seasonal and families plan at least 3 months in advance. Advertise accordingly.

#2 - Email and phone converse. Each rental involved 3-8 solid interactions by email or phone.

#3 - Ask if they've rented before. If yes, they know the drill. If no, they'll be more cautious and you should be too.

#4 - Who are the Parties? (your question) - You get all of this through email and phone 1st interaction. And it's a 2-way street. have your information ready to verify for them you're not ripping them off.

#5 - Reservation. My process is to reserve 8 weeks in advance for their week. I have a floating week so this works well.

#6 - Payment. I usually use Paypal, and get half at Reservation and half 3 weeks before (in case anything goes wrong).

Party arrives, has a great time, and I keep their names for future rental. Hope this helps.