Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Fairfield properties - their points system (by stanleyf5):

tonyp50 wrote:
I am a Fairfield/Wyndham property owner and also a member of Fairshare Plus. I have considered purchasing more points in the resale market in order to increase my total points and be able to trade into Fairfield's newer resorts. My fear is that the points will not transfer or be recognized by Fairfield in the Fairshare Plus Program. There are alot of 77000 and 105000 point timeshares in the resale market at some very good prices. If they can not be combined with my current points they are pretty much worthless to me. Afterall, 77000 points is not going to get you prime time.

Does anyone know if the points will combine with my current points for the purpose of trading In Fairshare Plus.

Hi. I can only speak to my own experience. I bought 154 ,000 UDI points from Fairfield directly and am a member of Fairshare Plus. I then bought 305,000 Fairfield points in one transaction from a seller on the internet. The 305,000 points comprised a fixed week and two other contracts of 49,000 and 67,000 UDI points all at the same resort. As part of the developer purchase I purchased Go For More Points totaling 308,000 points. Upon recording of the 305,000 point purchase with Fairfield, I became a VIP permanently and a VIP Gold for two years. I am not sure how it works, but you can buy a Fairfield Property and convert an existing non Fairfield property to PIC points and they count toward VIP status. I assume, if you originally bought from the developer, then a resale package of Fairfield points would count toward VIP status if placed in the same membership ownership account. My reccomendation would be to buy enough points on resale to reach VIP status with your developer points. If you did not buy from the developer initially, I don't know what the Fairfield policy is. I would request a written response to your question from Fairfield. Hope this helps. Stan.