R. C. I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: R. C. I. (by R P.):

daves250 wrote:
I may be over simplifying things, but how hard is it for a resort to change its allegience from RCI to Interval? A simple vote by the board of directors? I know some are affiliated with both, if this is easy to do, why aren't more doing it? I know in the beginning of my time-share odyssey, I was kind of jealous of RCI members, their exchange book seemed twice the size, more choices, better company I thought. Only in recent times does it look like I might be better off with Interval. I don't know what's involved in associating with one trading company or another, or both, but I certainly would want my resort to look at other options if I wasn't happy with one company. I wonder what people do who have a choice...RCI, II, both, or neither.

It's my understanding that the affiliation starts with the developer and carries on via the HOA. If the resort is sold out, the HOA is then in charge and if a vast majority of owners want to change affiliation (from RCI to II), then the paperwork and voting should begin by the HOA membership (upon approval by II.)

However II (Interval International) is much more picky concerning the resorts they affiliate with than RCI. They seem to have higher quality resorts than many in RCI's catalog.

We belonged to both RCI and II when we were timesharing and we received everything we wanted in exchanges, BUT we requested anywhere from 9 months to a year in advance with BOTH exchange companies.

I think the problem with many exchangers is they wait until the last minute to request, especially hard to get exchanges, and then they're disappointed when they don't get what they want and blame the exchange companies.

You have to understand that 90% of exchangers request the best and most sought after resorts/locations/times so somebody's got to be left out in the cold.

Lesson learned ...... deposit and request early on.