Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Where do I find a No Up Front Broker to sell my Timeshare in Fl. (by Ray S.):

Re: comments by ktt2 and jayjay relative to who sells timeshares, I would say that these are less than accurate statements. I am presently purchasing a re-sale from TransactionRealty.com based in Salt Lake City. This lady advertises on Redweek.com and has sold lots of TS's. She IS a licensed Real Estate broker as well. She doesn't necessarily have to sell TS's exclusively to make a living as a licensed Realtor. She advises me that she has sold >100 TS's thus far this year. If she makes 5% on a $20,000 TS what kind of living wage might that be if she sold over 100 weeks? You do the math. ktt2's mother must be a 1 dimension Realtor. Why not sell TS's? Sounds pretty lucrative to me. If I was a real hustler and didn't already have a job, I'd think about selling TS's. Word of mouth advertising, Redweek listings, no upfront fees and a fixed fee for closing costs. I recently looked at a private re-sale from a guy that owned 22 weeks at Marriott alone. After years of usage he elects to sell some and move on. I wanted one week but someone beat me to it and put down a deposit for an option on 12 weeks so I lost out. Is there a large market for re-sales? You bet. Lots of great weeks at great resorts. Divorces, deaths, kids leaving home, etc. Life goes on. Buy at a discount via Redweek and other places but DO buy from reputable, experienced brokers or find a private sale and save a few bucks. Don't pay an upfront fee. You will pay a deposit after you sign an intent to purchase - not the same thing. I'll give a followup after the sale is completed. So far I'm pleased and have NO cause to doubt the sale will proceed as advertised. RCS