Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

A vote for a change (by Terry E.):

Bill--We voted for this year's board members before we found this site or you would have received our votes. Gary Christensen and Franc Krebs received our votes and hopefully, they will represent our interests. We're getting tired of Diamond Resorts cutting out the amenities we originally had. No more 5:00 social hour--I now go next door to Kannapali Shores. I assume Diamond Resorts is paying an equitable rent to use the prime space where the happy hour used to be. No more good food in the dining room--essentially, no more dining room. Again, I go next door. There used to be a weekly get-together for owners only--no more. The carpets and furniture in the ocean view unit we stayed in are showing signs of wear. I don't know where my ever-increasing annual maintenance fee is spent but it isn't going toward rooms or amenities. It seems that Diamond Resorts is cutting costs wherever they can to improve their bottom line. I would rather listen to a used car dealer sell me a junker car than their pitch to convert my one week per year to points. The unit we paid $18900 for in 2003 will now net us about $7-8000. We hope this trend can be reversed and Kaanapali Beach Club can be returned to the great vacation destination it once was. Please keep us informed of future developments. Sincerely, Terry and Karen Thompson