Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by James M.):

My wife and I own two units, totaling potentially 12,000 points if we convert to the points program with Diamond. They offered us the opportunity to buy the additional 3,000 points for $10,170 to get enough for the Elite Benefits with Diamond Points. We are trying to determine if this would be worth it. The sales person, from what I remember, stated:

1. That we would be able to book their 1,400 plus resorts world wide using the points directly online using the points.

2. That with the Elite membership, we could reserve an Ocean View, and pay $99 more to upgrade to a Ocean Front, at any of these resorts.

3. That we could reserve as many days as we wanted, versus only weeks.

4. That with the Elite Membership, we would be able to reserve 13 months out, versus 12 months out, insuring the top units at all resorts at the peak times, if we reserved 13 months out.

5. That with the Elite Membership, we would be able to go Online directly with Interval International and "book" at any of their resorts, versus exchanging, as you need to do without the Elite Membership.

Can anyone confirm these potential benefits? Also,

1. How easy is it to sell your points if you ever wanted to sell these. Do you still own the units? Can you sell all 15,000 points, and do they get a premium? Could I buy the additional points on Redweek and convert my units this way?

2. What if Diamond Resorts is sold or goes bankrupt? What are the benefits and detriments of having units versus points? How solvent is Diamond Resorts?

3. Are there any other issues that we should consider of converting to points, and getting to the Elite level?

Thanks for your help,

Mahalo