Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by Kristen K.):

I think DRI needs to be emailing the results to all candidates the day of the vote, and I will let Mr. Cloobeck know my opinion. To be honest, I was expecting they would control the votes and put in their own people. What is ironic about that is that they are fulfilling the worst expectations of owners - I assume the DRI employees who were elected are also owners, but if you are trying to sell to a population that doesn't trust you because you allow employees to run the Board, why not make an effort to build trust by doing what the owners ask?

I do not have a problem with KBC at all. My daughter is getting married there in June, and they are working hard to ensure we have a good experience. Gary Mano, Steve Horn and others have been very helpful. We also bought there because we travel there 1-2 times per year. KBC is so much better today than under Sunterra, but I attribute that solely to the staff on site. If I call DRI with a question, they rarely solve it unless I escalate it to Cloobeck. If my question can be resolved at the resort, they are 100% customer-driven.

The problems people cite seem to consistently have a direct link to DRI (sales especially) and continuing to vote their shares to retain incumbents and position employees in ways that is often seen as conflict of interest only drives the unrest.

The solution to the thorn under the DRI saddle is so simple. But apparently they think ignoring the burr will make it go away, when in reality it just festers and gets more painful.