Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ?? (by Mary D.):

dmcquill wrote:
sheilag26 wrote:
To dmcquill: Have you used SFX to also exchange to other places other than Mayan Palaces/Grands ? If so were the resorts that SFX uses for exchanges top notch (gold crown only) as they say they are ?

I currently have a request in w/RCI using another timeshare we own, to trade into Scotland, & have yet to receive word on an opening. We want April 1st to Sept. 30, 2008, because the castles are open mainly during that time frame. I was wondering if I should take one of the Mayan Palace weeks & bank it with SFX to see if I would have a better chance for an exchange than with RCI ??

To answer your questions: 1. I have traded into the Manhattan Club and the Hilton in New York City, Sloan Gardens in London, Lawai Beach (Kauai), Hono Koa (Maui), and the Kona Coast Resort on the big island of Hawai. I found all of these resorts to be excellent, especially Sloan Gardens in London. 2. I have received 10 trades into Mayan Palace and the Grand Mayans. 3. I am not too sure how much trading power a Mayan Palace has in SFX because of their ability to get lots of inventory. While the Mayans are beautiful resorts, there is a good supply of them too. 4. I must comment on SFX. You can make a deposit and hear absolutely nothing. Early on we were getting trades readily. Recently, nothing. They are not interested in sharing their methods (e.g., trading value) and how they allocate exchanges with you. While they don't want you to phone them and bug them about your requests, the only way to get any action is to make the phone call. The best thing to do is have an excuse--a question about something trivial. Then, mention your request. Often, I get, "Oh I have something that might interest you." There is no rhyme or reason to their methods regardless what they say. My exchange into Los Cabos into the new Grand Mayan would not have occurred had I not made the phone call. In more recent times this is the only way I have been successful. I can't complain about the results but I really question the methods.

5. SFX has recently expanded into Ireland and Scotland and your time frame is more than reasonable. I would think that you should have success with them. If you put in a request and wish to alter it (a good reason for a phone call), don't do it on line or you will lose your position in the queue. Phone and have them make the change so that your position remains.

Good luck!

====== Are you yourself a Mayan Palace owner? You say that through SFX you traded into Grand Mayan. I wasn't sure Mayan allowed owners to do that. MD