Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club Points (by Laurie S.):

Thanks All, Ours are rescued points, so they're ineligible for conversion. But, via RedWeek, I just sold 8400 of them. Now just 1200 left; enough for a nice weekend somewhere. Any takers?

I looked at the 'sell points' option, and it wants me to sell my membership. I only wanted someone to make use of the rescued points before they expire.

In this process, I became better acquainted with HGVC's Open Season, which rents unused units (to HGVC members only), for very reasonable prices! The availability is posted 30 days prior to the dates. There is no booking fee. I love this! Even if we run out of points, we can stay in a nice Studio for $60/night Sun-Thurs, & $80 Fri & Sat, more for bigger units.

Happy Traveling! (and buzz me if you want those 1200 remaining rescued points) Laurie

PS. I also learned that Banks & credit unions charge fees & take 4-6 weeks to process Canadian Postal Money Orders. US Post Office cashes them; mine said no so I went to the main PO, who said of course, but didn't have enough cash yet (first of the month they have more), so they sold me a USPS money order for the remainder. I hope this saves someone a headache.