Grupo Mayan

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Grupo Mayan (by Neil M.):

I have experienced the positive and negative experience as so many posts have written. The good news is the company continues to improve on what already was a fantastic resort experience. Make no mistake their sales people are the "best" As a sales person myself i do not hold a candle to them. My suggestion is that if you buy you make them write everything down and have someone in sufficient authority (that may be a difficult find) to sign. Maybe someone in finance who are at the final sales/signing. Their reservation claims are bogus. Their claims that as a particular level of equity owner you get preference at least for me have proved unsubstantiated. I believe they save space for new buyers to entice them to buy in the final sales stage. Someone buying during the year that will only buy if they get a future reservation are likely accomodated from saved inventory verses an already closed sale owner. As new buildings are opened I do not expect it to get any better because they are selling so many units each day or month. Go into this with eyes wide open and a realistic pre conceived dollar amount to spend and stick to it. The only likely sure way to reserve the time you want is to call reservations (which are very efficient and capable) on the first possible day of your allowable reservation timeframe window.