Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What to do with inherited timeshare points ??? (by Darlene P.):

thomash246 wrote:
I thank you all (especially Darlene) for the kindness and words of wisdom. This has been a sad and awkward time for us. My brother lives in the same state where our father had lived prior to his passing away, and he is in a better position than I to deal with a lawyer and the ensuing estate issues. Although I live 1200 miles away, I am merely trying to help him out wherever I can. I will pass along the opinions expressed here at Redweek to my brother and sister. We are not necessarily in a major hurry to unload a bunch of timeshares points just yet. I suppose I ought to figure ought how to rent them here on Redweek. Thanks,

Hope everything works out for you.

I would talk to family about these timeshare points and see how they feel before finishing up all the legal work. This is not the best time to try and sell anything to do with timeshares and you will probably lose money just selling. Now since you have a legal advisor is the time to find out where you stand.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Darlene