Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Converting to Wyndham Points? (by Gail S.):

I to went to the timeshare prensentation which completely turned me off to wyndham and their nonsense. first of all the sate of hawaii does not allow them to make you buy into their program as this is deeded property that you bought in hawaii. your timeshare is not worthless they just want you to think that it is so you will buy into their program. what wyndham is trying to do is get you to pay the price that they are now selling your week for. we have a 2br at bali hai that we paid 14k for they want us to [pay an additional 13k to buy into their program . we also have a week at alii kai that they claim is worthless until they want you to put it into their inventory. what they have done is bascically drawn aline down the middle of the property pahio on 1 side wyndham on the other which is outrageous. when we bought in bali hai we bought into the newer area with the granite counter tops and as I told their sales person when I come there I expect to get exactly what I bought. the funny thing is that wyndham is not building anything different than what pahio built on this property just charging more money. I for one will be the last great holdout as I will never pay wyndham more money for something that I already own. I trade thru rci and always get what I want right now I am sitting at the shearwater as I write this. I will however get in touch with the board at bali hai to see exactly what the real story is as I really think that wyndham is a pack of liars that is just trying to scare people into buying into their program. the guy that built bali hai passed away last year and according to the sales person he was trying to protect his owners when he sold to wyndham by allowing you to buy into this program at basically half the price I say he was protecting himself if he was protecting me they should have grandfathered the existing homeowner in maybe charged a 3 or 4 k to get into their program that I might have gone for. we figured out that by buying into wyndham today it would have cost us about 1500.00 more than what a new howowner would pay for a week. the sales person did basically tell us that wyndham would not do any upgrades to pahio property such as replacing counter tops or flooring in the older units so I guess they will never again be a gold crown resort. there are other condos in kauai and and we do come here every year so we will just stay elsewhereAs I said to the sales person so these maintenance fees that I pay are they being used to maintain wydham property of course she had no answer!!