Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Attn: Grand Solmar Building E penthouse owners!!! (by Patsy D.):

I have been going to Solmar since 1980 and finally purchased in 1996. So you know how disappointed I am with the "New Grand" Solmar.

I own week 50 & 51 in building C & J, last visit was last year. I am concerned about my trip this year as I have invited family to join me and they have always just heard us rave about the beach and how peaceful it is.

Please post what it is actually like upon your return at least I will have an idea as to what to expect. Also last year there was a lot of road construction around the Marina and road going past Solmar. Is that completed and is there any added advantage or just for cruise ship traffic etc.

Any tips of grocery shopping and best way to get to Costco, Wallmart or the City Store? I won't have a car.

I hope you have a good trip and will appreciate any info so I can warn those going for the first time, and maybe only time. It is sad to think what we thought we would be able to enjoy the Solmar for years and now it is gone.