Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RCI weeks member with points questions (by KC):

keithf80 wrote:
And now I am concerned that the diminishing availability of resorts as an RCI weeks member is going to eventually force me to go to RCI points, or some other points-based system. Is this the reality, or just something fabricated to sell me another time share to get me into the RCI points system?
If you own a deeded week, you can NEVER actually be "forced" to convert your ownership to points. My advice is to keep what you already have and simply ignore the noise and babble spouting forth from those hungry, lying sales weasels. As a relevant aside, NONE of the numerous resorts at which I own weeks are "Points" facilities and none have any plans or interest to become "Points" facilities. There is no "inevitability" in this matter and resort conversion to RCI Points is a trend which may very well be losing steam, overall. It's an individual RESORT decision whether or not to become "RCI Points" based --- it's NOT a decision which RCI can just unilaterally impose upon ANY resort without the resort's full knowledge and overt agreement.

As mentioned above already, you could easily pick up a separate RCI Points ownership (...for pennies, these days). If you have a RCI Points account, you then also have the option of "Points for Deposit" (aka PFD). PFD would allow you to "deposit" your NON-Points week into your points account on a year to year basis, thereby giving your week a "points" value for that "deposit" --- WITHOUT paying any "permanent conversion" fee for your non-points week AND without affecting in any way the underlying ownership of your deeded week. I'm not recommending this, just pointing out the existence of this option, which some regard as having the "best of both worlds". It used to be that when you have a Points membership with RCI, then your weeks membership fee is ALSO covered. I'm not entirely sure if that's still the case, as RCI is (deservedly) notorious for continually changing the rules, the costs, and otherwise "moving the goalposts".

Just some thoughts and observations for your consideration...