Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RCI weeks member with points questions (by Chris W.):

I also am a points owner who loves it! I think this is not losing steam and is the new "norm" in timeshare. Hilton and Marriott have all gone to a points system. Sooner or later, in my honest opinion, you will have difficulty. Everything gets more expensive with time. My suggestion is find a cheap way to upgrade. Sooner rather than later. However, if you are sticking with your home week and home unit every year.... You absolutely can stay and not upgrade. Like someone said ,buy a cheap points unit on the secondary market for trading. I'm concerned about the pay one fee and upgrade all your timeshares. My Aunt did this , owns three timeshares and now has passed away. It's a real disaster trying to disentangle these three units to be passed on to us as non connected separate units. Which is how they were originally bought. I do think RCI timeshare needs to streamline their processes and costs. My aunt had to purchase another small interest in a different unit to do this requiring a another maintenance fee. So , it does feel like a scam.