Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RCI weeks member with points questions (by R P.):

tinak117 Please don't fall for this scam. Search "Point Rental Liquidators" and "Sunset Harbor Resort" on this forum and you'll find all about the "weeks are becoming useless, convert to points" scam. The "salesmen" tell you that you must purchase a timeshare condo that's in the points system in order to convert your current weeks timeshare to points. It's a lie. Call RCI and ask them. These con artists scammed my parents out of $9500 and lots of other people too. You can read all about it on this forum and Scambook.com and others.

keithf80 wrote:
I am concerned that the diminishing availability of resorts as an RCI weeks member is going to eventually force me to go to RCI points, or some other points-based system. Is this the reality, or just something fabricated to sell me another time share to get me into the RCI points system?

To all RCI deeded fixed week owners ..... fixed weeks are, and will always be, the overwhelming majority of timeshare ownership .... if you're satisfied with your fixed week then there is absolutely NO REASON for you to buy into the RCI points program .... it's not mandatory that you ever buy into the points program no matter what a points salesperson will tell you .... especially for the hefty fee of $3500.

You can continue to use your fixed week, rent it or deposit it for an exchange .... nothing changes unless you want it to .... don't be talked into buying points if you're satisfied with your fixed week.