Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

RCI weeks member with points questions (by R P.):

markh525 wrote:
I just got back from my home resort at Vacation Village at Weston. I have never actually stayed there before, but I decided to start going there because I don't wish to use RCI anymore. It's a very nice place. After I checked in, I had to see the "concierge" (aka RCI person) to get my parking pass. He said that I had to get "updated" and needed to attend a free breakfast meeting, which required a $20 deposit. In return, I would receive free show tickets, or some other rewards. I went to the meeting to be "updated", but wasn't allowed to enter the building because my wife wasn't with me. If I am being updated on matters of the resort, why does my wife need to be with me? Well, how can I switch over to the points system unless she signs the paperwork as well...right!? Needless to say, the "concierge" regrets the day that he met me! It took me 3 days to get my $20 back.

Yes, Vacation Village at Weston is a very nice resort, especially if you wish to check out south FL, the Everglades, Miami, Ft Lauderdale's intercoastal waterway and all the big yachts and mansions along it's way .... we took a water-taxi to a nice restaurant on the waterway. VV at Weston also provides a tour bus to Key West for a fee .... that was a very nice feature. Also, if one loves to golf VV is a golfer's heaven.

I hope you plan to visit your resort more often to see the sites of SE FL.

As far as you hounding the concierge for your money back .... KUDOS to you for being unrelenting = "the squeeky wheel gets the grease".