Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vidanta ....Using Cirque du Soleil's Credibility.....Elder Fraud (by Rob G.):

This is a call to all of the unsuspecting consumers who fell victim to the largest timeshare scam in Mexico. Personally Vida Vacations got me for $54,000, I know there are many more people like me out there, I would encourage all those who have been deceived by the double dealing sales reps whom Vida Vacations employs to become more vocal.

I'm sure that if you bought a Vida contract in the last three to five years you were promised rental income, possibly the resale of a previously owned timeshare or perhaps like me a phony equity credit for other timeshares. More recent purchase seemed to have been defrauded through their Vida Lifestyles or phony deed presentation. In addition to posting here as well as other forums I would encourage you to inform their new partner Cirque du Soleil as to the duplicitous behavior in which Vida achieves their sales by using the credibility of the Cirque Brand, if in fact that is your case.

contact@cirquedusoleil.com

Listen, I'm close to 70 yrs old, I've been around the block a time or two and that's why I'm so upset about losing $54,000 to these scoundrels. I know Cirque had no direct involvement in me being ripped-off. However, I will tell you that their involvement with Vidanta undoubtedly caused me to conclude that Vidanta was on the up and up. So when I was put on the phone with one of Vidanta's rental brokers who validated everything the sales rep said, I thought what I was hearing was legit in regards to the rental income to be generated from the excessive Vida weeks I purchased. The broker, Resort Rentals Mexico obviously has done nothing except provide excuses and now the owner of the company has been indicted on federal wire/mail fraud and aggravated identity theft and faces more time than Bernie Madoff. This next link details the charges against him, also included in the thread is a nice little story about the company who handled my equity trades, they ripped me off for another $4,000. I did not seek these two company's out myself, they were both key to the sales process and ultimately my decision process.

http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/index.php?s=keith+kosco

Vida doesn’t dispute that I was lied to, and in fact this would be an unrealistic position as their notorious practices are well documented throughout the internet. What the company does say is that those promises made by the sales team are not consistent with the timeshare contract, and therefore Vida will not support the representations made by its sales teams. If I choose to dispute their contract I must travel to Guadalajara, Mexico, hire a local attorney and file a case with an arbitration board. This would likely take eight months to two years of hearings to conclude, some of which would require my attendance. Obviously this makes the likelihood for such a dispute, as well as its proper resolution all but impossible.

Prior to posting this I sent a copy of this exact post to Vidanta, its owner Ivan Chavez and their Houston PR Firm Richards Partners asking for the proper resolution and have yet to receive any response. I have filed a IC3 complaint with the FBI and have been in contact with the FTC.

Rob G CSGT0781