Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vida Vacations Open Letter To Ivan Chavez (Owner) (by Nadine T.):

Dear Ivan,

As you know I have posted here twice Nov. 19 and Dec. 23. We have attempted to resolve this off line numerous times and have been met with silence. The reason Ms. Rose stated my pleas will be ignored is because I have chosen to use a third party, this Ms. Rose states is "company policy". This is just another example of Vida taking advantage. As in any dispute a consumer has a right to seek counsel from anyone who may add depth of knowledge to their particular situation. Your contract does say I will need an attorney if I choose to fight this in a Mexican court, but you won't allow me to seek assistance otherwise.....absurd. Is this Vida's stated position, to deny consumers their rights?

Ivan if by chance you have not been involved in the decision making on my case up to this point we please ask you to review its facts.

1) Putting me on the phone with one of Brokers on the list your sales people so highly tout. This was done to overcome my reluctance to sign your contract, the brokers validated all the claims of rental demand/income made by the sales rep and his manager.

2) The Broker also guaranteed the resale of my Marriott timeshare through a program in which Mexican citizens who were seeking U.S. travel visa were paying top dollar for such weeks. Owning these weeks would guarantee them approval of said visas, and because mine is in the Orlando area he stated it would be sold in less than 60 days....guaranteed! No I don't have it in writing because I believed I was dealing with a truthful legitimate organization.

Sadly this is a pattern all to familiar when it comes to Vida sales tactics. As you can see I have never used my weeks nor received one dime of rental income and what has recently come to light about one of the listed brokers being indicted on federal fraud charge should only bolster my claim. Although I did not use Resort Rentals, the broker that was put on the phone with me during my presentation was GGC, also another scam operation based on the volume of complaints.

In my posting on Dec. 23 I asked for your intervention and have been met with silence. Are we to accept this as your approval of the duplicitous sales tactics employed by Vida's sales teams?

We anxiously await your reply.

Nadine