Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: anyone hear of Timeshare clearing house in Louisville ky (by Lisa J.):

Just got back from a "Meeting" that my husband had set up with these people. When they called all they said is that they worked for a time share and wanted to do an "Owners Update". (Same line we get every time we stay at our timeshare). I am giving you as much detail as we can from this meeting. We arrive at the specified time with another couple. They weren't sure what the company was about either. (We have been to other meetings that claim they will BUY your time share from you...THIS is not who they are, but VERY similar). Yes we got a free meal but we were there with our "Sales Lady" for almost 4 HOURS!!! YES< I said 4 hours!! First off she ask us where we have our properties and how we were using our vacation time. (I thought they would know that information since they called us) She did leave us alone a few times so we could enjoy our meal. The other couple did not get that joy as their "Sales person" NEVER left them alone. :( We were asked if we had heard about the "Buyout or D-NR" that occured in 2011-2013. Because the Time share companies were offering to turn your points/weeks into "RCI Global Points Platiunm". We told them we didn't own Points with RCI that we were under a different Timeshare Resort. They claim that there were lawsuits being filed against the Time share companies for not providing their customers with things promised and that they had high pressured sales people and trying to talk you into buying more points rather than giving you "Updates". So to make ALL these Lawsuits go away they decided to offer owners a "Global Points System" to exchange their points into this system and that we would get more VALUE for our points, we would Pay LESS each month in "Fees" and that we should have gotten a "Package in the mail from RCI" and that it would have to be signed for. (This I think is the biggest part of the SCAM and got us thinking real hard and while they left us alone, was googling them). They claimed if we didn't get this in the mail and we didn't sign for it, then we still had the opportunity to get this "DEAL". So they come back and tell us there is no signature on file for us ever getting this "Package". They said the ONLY way for us to get this "Package Deal now" was that there was No signature on file and we also had to write a note stating we didn't receive it and wanted to know about it now. I am thinking to myself "I bet Everyone in this room didn't have a signature either". My first question was, WHY would RCI be sending us a package when we do not even own points with them? Yes they were bought out by the Time Share company with have. But if there was such a "DEAL" going on, why were Owners not notified by their own time share companies?? (This is what got me saying, how can any of this be legit?) So then she proceeds to list the cost of what we are paying out every month and multiply it by the next 10 years. This is the total you are paying and if you get this "Package deal" approved by "Time share company" then they can offer us "Global Points" that will make everything one price no matter where we want to go and that we would just have to go through RCI instead of our own timeshare company. That in itself sounded fishy as well. Then she tells us with the "Package deal" we could always have the opportunity to the "EXIT PROGRAM" and we would never have to worry about our time share again. (Ok, another Red flag went up) At first it all sounded so good, ANYONE with common sense would sign up if I was getting a LOWER "Matience Fee/Dues(Their term)" Better Points system that I could use RCI for all my vacations without ANY Fees except the monthly Cheaper rate. YES, why would any one turn that down. At that moment they kind of had us at a big fat YES......THEN.....the "Matience Fee" we pay right now, multiply it by ten and that is what we need to PAY.......BUT we will finance it for you at 0% for TEN YEARS!!! Really, who does that???? We were like....why do we have to pay that fee, we literally thought they were offering this deal that was "Suppose to be ours to begin with" and they were doing this for us because they work for RCI/Timeshare Clearing House" and this is to help ALL Owners to save money and get more for their money and to make all the lawsuits go away. My thought was......YOU Expect me to believe that RCI or our Time share really wants to SAVE us money and Give us more Time??? YEAH in my dreams maybe!! But the kicker to the ENTIRE thing is they want to make you pay this "10 Year" Fee through Credit Cards that they will roll over each time so that you can stay at 0% APR. So over the NEXT TEN years, I am suppose to trust them that they will keep finding me 0% APR Credit Cards to keep transferring the balance to until it is paid off. Then after that TEN Year period I would only go back to owing $600-$900 a year for "RCI DUES" and that I would now have 6-12 weeks of vacation time instead of our 3 weeks. But their CONTRACT does not state they will keep doing this for you (getting credit card transfers), does not put it in writing but just keeps saying they will do this but yet the contract states: "I understand I will receive 0% "Introductory APR on my "PURCHASE" for the FIRST billing cycles as outlined in the terms and conditions from account opening after which the APR will be approximately 11.24% up to 29.99% depending on the credit card program for which I am approved." Now when we asked her why it isn't in writing that they will keep transfering the balance and she states well the Financial dept can add that to your paper work. (Another RED FLAG) because if I am signing a Terms and Conditions Contract and the above statement is there, then I am not guranteed anything except I will have a BIG Credit Card Bill!! Then we asked if we signed up today to do this how long before we can "Opt out of our timeshare" since that was part of the "Package Deal". We were told from the beginning that we could opt out any time after the deal was sealed. But then were told we had to wait 6 YEARS before we could OPT OUT and if there was a balance on the Card we would still have to pay the balance off. So this "Exit Program" is not a REAL thing!!! So after 3 hours and them running credit checks, etc. we simply said , let us think about it and GLAD we did. After looking through the comments here think this company is NOT what they say they are. They also stated that if we wanted to sell our Time Share they would list it for free and if it didn't sell we owed nothing, but if we wanted them to liquidate it for us then we would have to pay them a fee to do so. As far as we have been told there HAS TO BE a Deed Transfer to sell a Time Share and that there has to be documentation of this and that Time Share Owners can do this themselves with the help of a lawyer or court office. It is too late to call my time Share, but will be calling in the morning to find out if these people are for real and if they work for RCI or not. Of course just like when you go to your Time share there is always two people and these people worked the same way. They had the guts to claim they "DO NOT GET PAID" or get any profit off of what they are doing. That the "Company" makes the money......GIVE me a BREAK...NO BODY works for Free!!! They making money from someone and thank the Lord it isn't from us!!!