Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Living in a timeshare rental (by KC):

bobb975 wrote:
I went to a timeshare presentation with Intervals International and they said if I owned one of their timeshares I could stay in any hotel in their chain for $299pw for as many weeks a year as I liked.

I'm wondering, if I bought a timeshare off Redweek and paid the maintenance fees, could I live in various hotels in their chain paying just $299 per week indefinitely. It would be less than I'm paying now to rent an apartment.

What are the risks? What other factors do I need to consider?

For starters, Interval International (a company owned by Interval Leisure Group) is merely a timeshare exchange company. They neither own nor sell ANY timeshares. They allow their members (who must ALREADY own a timeshare at a II-affiliated property in order to to join II in the first place) to deposit and exchange owned timeshare weeks (for a fee to II, of course) and they certainly have no "hotels" whether "in their chain" or otherwise.

I have no idea on earth who you actually met with, but it certainly was NOT Interval International --- and whatever fairy tales the mystery entity may have told you were exactly that --- fairy tales. Surely this mystery outfit was looking for you to "buy in" to SOMETHING --- what kind of money were they looking to extract from you for this alleged "privilege"?