floating/medium

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: floating/medium (by KC):

manishv5 wrote:
What is a floating medium & h ow it works?

“Floating” means that the ownership does not have guaranteed access to any specific week each year. In practice, that means that a "floating" week owner must actively reserve a week each year, usually with some very specific limitations on the weeks which are available to be reserved by “floating” week owners.

“Medium” really has no strict definition in timeshare seasons and is usually determined by the individual resort. Think of “medium” as being “middle of the road” — it’s not a week during the best season and it’s not a week during the worst season; it’s a week which is somewhere in between.

If you are considering buying a floating week, verify with the resort (don’t just accept the seller’s claims) exactly which weeks can be reserved under that particular “floating, medium” week ownership at that particular resort. If you read my January 2017 post above in this thread, (it's just a few posts above this one), you will see how I personally learned this lesson (the hard way) many years ago. Don’t make the same mistake that I made. VERIFY ALL SELLER CLAIMS.