Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Buying timeshares (even resale) (by R P.):

Before buying a timeshare week, I would research all rental sites on the internet first. The only reason, in my opinion, to buy a week is if you can only vacation in a red hot season such as summer, holidays or winter ski season. The reason I say this is because there are SO many rentals sites on the internet now (such as Redweek) as opposed to just a few years ago, that it doesn't make sense to buy if you can rent for the maintenance fee or a little more. The costs of timesharing have skyrocketed just in the last 6 years ... maintenance fees have risen (some with special assessments attached on top of maintenance fees), exchange company membership, exchanges, guest certificates and other related timeshare costs have risen.

If you can rent for the same as owning without the hassles of owning ... then in my opinion that's the better option. It's much easier to BUY a timeshare than to SELL a timeshare.