Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want .... (by Marie M.):

gayler5 wrote:
I have a timeshare at a wonderful resort in Orlando. There are people interested in buying it until they find out how much the maintenance fee is!! I've dropped the asking price from $13,000 to $7,500.

Any suggestions? I haven't used the week for this year and I do have a lot of RCI points. For financial reasons I need and want to sell the timeshare by the end of January.

Help!! Also, I'm not that familiar with renting it?

Thanks, Gayle

Without knowing which resort you own, I am guessing that you are pricing it way too high. There are very few, if any, resorts in Orlando that would command such a high price, except for the premium hotel based properties such as Disney, Marriott, Hilton Grand, etc...

Read the articles suggested by the above responders. There is a lot of practical information contained in them. Determine what your timeshare is actually worth by checking ads on Redweek, Ebay, and many resale companies. And then place ads here and at a few other low cost sites. Do not pay any company an upfront fee to list/sell your week!

It will probably take you quite awhile to sell unless you are desperate, and willing to accept a "fire sale" price.

In the meantime, why don't you reserve the best week(s) available (holidays and prime season) and then place rental ads here at Redweek.com. I own many timeshare weeks and have had great success renting them through ads placed at this web site. It will at least help pay the maintenance fees until you are able to sell your timeshare. Good luck!