General Discussion

Timeshare Sell Scams

Dec 21, 2011

I received a call from Trinity Financial Associates today saying they had someone wanting to make an offer on our timeshare, but until they had received 20 percent down from that person, nothing was final. They would be in contact. They did indicate that we would be responsible for a Document Stamp Tax.

Who else has heard from this company?

Marianne L.
Dec 21, 2011

SCAM !!!!!!!!! Run as fast as you can away from them. There's always a fee involved in these scams.

Don P.
Dec 22, 2011

mariannel49 wrote:
I received a call from Trinity Financial Associates today saying they had someone wanting to make an offer on our timeshare, but until they had received 20 percent down from that person, nothing was final. They would be in contact. They did indicate that we would be responsible for a Document Stamp Tax.

Who else has heard from this company?

Any resale company that takes a large upfront fee from you is a scam, period .... that WILL be asked for from you in the future.

R P.
Dec 28, 2011

i just received the same call yesterday, it definetaly smells of a scam, the mans name was allen starbuck, but it was different in his e-mail. they wanted me to wire them 1299.90 for tax and fees, i told him that if the buyers wanted to pay the tax and fees then i would lower the price by that amount, but i was not going to send them any money.the call got over very quick after that. i tried calling the number he gave me and it kept going to a mobile answering service. best bet, walk away.

Eric J.
Jan 06, 2012

I just received the same call from trinity financial. The name he gave me was Alan Starbuck. I said that the money could come from the sale and he quickly said thats not how timeshares are sold. It sounded like a scam so I got the information and didn't tell him anything but it seemed that he already had done some research and had the info on my timeshare. Would also like to report this it has to be a scam. There are too many for sale for them to just up and sell mine without them listing it.

Maggie B.
Jan 07, 2012

note to everybody, 99% of them are scams, i actually enjoy getting them worked up thinking that they got me convinced, sort of like a game. we got a great deal on our jockey club 4 years ago, and maint. fees are minimum and the services are great. so there are good places out there. so if they really want it to sell. SHOW ME THE CASH FIRST.

Eric J.
Jan 07, 2012

maggieb55 wrote:
I just received the same call from trinity financial. The name he gave me was Alan Starbuck. I said that the money could come from the sale and he quickly said thats not how timeshares are sold. It sounded like a scam so I got the information and didn't tell him anything but it seemed that he already had done some research and had the info on my timeshare. Would also like to report this it has to be a scam. There are too many for sale for them to just up and sell mine without them listing it.

You need to report the scammers to the Attorney General in the state where they operate. Florida is in the process of shutting down many of these upfront fee scammers.

R P.
Jan 10, 2012

received a call from trinity financial associates last night.they said they had buyer for my timeshare.asked me for my e-mail address.sent me a timeshare sale document.said i could do it and wouldnt have to pay broker fees.document said i have to pay 1599. to tfa for state document stamp tax.said they will call in morning with definate answer.called this morning saying the people signed agreement.i told them to call the company advertising it for me because they are my broker.took the number and said they will call them and call me back.still waiting for call back from them.HA HA.

Carleton S.
Jan 18, 2012

Randell Newman! I will get you! The police are looking for you. The police will track your account with Chase JP Morgan and trace it back to you. If anyone got scammed by Randell Newman, let's get together, put our resources together, lets put him in JAIL!

Here is my number 267-825-6248 - He got me for $2436.17

Tom H.
Jan 18, 2012

sladeh wrote:
I was just contacted at the end of last week. I received closing docs today. Who do I go to report these guys? Lets take these guys down!!

File a report with the Attorney General in the state the scammers are located.

R P.
Jan 18, 2012

I am sick to my stomach. This Randell Newman or David Thomas "fake names" got me twice. The 1st time was a fee to put my timeshare on the market and then he called about six months later to informed me that they got a buyer, said that the buyer already deposited $5600 as downpayment. But there is one thing that i have to do. The state of Florida stamp tax! If anyone selling, please do not pay anyone up front fees! please join me in catching these guys and put them in JAIL!

Tom H.
Jan 19, 2012

Evidently, I, too,was scammed by Trinity Financial Associates. However, I did demand to have the documents sent to me prior t omy transfering the money. I called Trinity Financial and talked to someone and asked the person who sent me the email with the document to call me back, he never did. What can I do?

Diana F.
Jan 20, 2012

They don't exist, the address is only a drop box. Please do not wire them money. What was the person name that's contacted you? Randell Newman? Davis Thomas?

Contact your local Attorney General, Attorney General in Delaware, Florida, and Illinois. They opperates from Illinois but there phone s are listed in Delaware. Please file a complaint with the Attorney General asap! Also contact the local police, a detective will be assign to your case. If you wire them money, go this website www.helpwithmybank.gov - They will point you in the right direction. We need to work together to get these guys caught!

Tom H.
Jan 24, 2012

These scam people are amazing. My mother was contacted yesterday by Robert Jenson from Trinity Financial. I had him email me the documents and he actually did. It is so obvious that they are a fraud. Someone needs to really stop these crooks. My elderly parents have been sucked in a few times.

Cherie B.
Jan 24, 2012

Luxury Resort Services does NOT have a real estate license AND on the document they sent us for signuate, item 11 states that if the buyer "renigs" the seller is responsible for the real estate commission of 7% of the listed price. Sellers beware!

Sharon M.
Jan 24, 2012

i m not selling my timeshare, but of course i was called by another reseller. i believe his first name was DON, phone number is 1-407-513-1781, has anyone else recieved a call from this number. he does nt say what the company name is. just curios.

Eric J.
Jan 25, 2012

Please do not send them any money. 100% of them are SCAMMERS!! I found out the hard way. They got me twice!! 1st time was $1800 and 2nd time was $2437.

Tom H.
Jan 25, 2012

oh trust me tom, nothing will be sent, i dont even answer his calls. we enjoy our timeshare and arent even selling it. i feel bad for the people who,ve gotten stuck, they are smooth talkers. i wonder why orlando has so many of these scammers. even though they are everywhere.

Eric J.
Jan 25, 2012

Beware of Marc Sullivan from Lakewood Management Services, Chicago Ill. He is sending out the same types of proposals. Doesn't ask for money yet, but appears to follow the same format as all of the companies listed above.

Jackie C.
Jan 27, 2012

Okay, first it was Trinity Financial -- now I have R H Financial Holding calling me with the same type of scam. They have a buyer -- he'll get all the paperwork together, and then it will be $1850 for a title search. I told him he was full of it and I was tired of getting these ridiculous calls. He called me back again!!!!!!

Marianne L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.