Timeshare Companies

Where do I find a No Up Front Broker to sell my Timeshare in Fl.

May 12, 2007

pat12468 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
www.alltimeshare.com doesn't say what their fees are on their website or if they are an upfront fee resale company or not.

You have to fill out a form on what you are trying to sell in order to get the answer to what fees they charge.

You apparently missed the very large bold letters at the top of the page which says No appraisals or upfront fees.

Pat, Bottom line here is do they charge upfront fee and it doesn't matter what they call it! Most of these companies that run their ads saying no upfront fee are just a scam because they turn around and charge some other fee upfront! Either way they charge owner before doing any listing/selling!

Its the name game and the old saying is if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck most likely it is a duck!

Very simple question "Do they charge some other fee upfront" this is simple and straight forward question and not hard to answer!

Also saying they don't charge for appraisal is funny because no one gets appraisals on timeshares!

There have been so many post on these sites like this and everytime someone ask this simple question they get everything but the answer! Maybe this is why they are called scammers and many of us have fallen for this over the years and now try and warn people before they give their money away!

This has to be the number one warning on all timeshare forums and yet people everyday will go on one of these forums asking about some scam company with upfront fee's! Its these type people that keep these scammers in business!

Like I said in another post give your money to the homeless organization and then ask them to pass it around that you want to sell your timeshare. At least this way you can deduct your money plus end up with same results, none!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on May 13, 2007 12:10 PM

May 19, 2007

I believe www.alltimeshare.com charges a 50% commission (I didn't use them so I may be wrong) I didn't get the feeling that they were scammers since that guy gave me a free fair appraisal of my timeshare. Then again, I DID get scammed anyway, so what so I know? :P

Nori N.
May 26, 2007

ktt2 wrote:
There is no such thing. I mean let's think it through. Why would a licensed broker take on a timeshare? I would think a licensed real estate broker would be much more interested in dealing with local real estate that sells for considerably more than the typical timeshare and therefore generates a much bigger commission. Plus, local real estate can be marketed locally by using the MLS, having an 'open house', or even a "For Sale" sign. Timeshare must me marketed to a much broader audience; a national or even a global audience. My mother is in real estate and has been for many years and we have thoroughly discussed this matter on a few occasions. The trick to successful timeshare resale is finding a good company to help you and pricing the ownership well.
I beg to differ with you. We are a local real estate company. I work for Re/Max Properties S.W. in Orlando. Two of the agents specialize in the resale of timeshare. We do not handle residential or commercial real estate because we are very busy with the timeshare resale business. We are a member of the Timeshare Exchange Multiple Listing Service which is only timeshare resales. www.tsxmls.com We do not charge upfront fees. None of the Brokers in the TSXMLS charge upfront fees. I think the money the Advertising Companies or upfront fee companies spend on advertising over shadows the fact that there are a lot of actual real estate Brokers that sell timeshare without charging an upfront fee. So the statement "there is no such thing" is wrong. I am living proof there is such a thing. I sold general real estate for 25 years. I have sold real estate by the week (timeshare) for 11 years and would never go back to general real estate. Our timeshare is advertised to a global market.

Jay K.
May 26, 2007

phill12 wrote:
pat12468 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
www.alltimeshare.com doesn't say what their fees are on their website or if they are an upfront fee resale company or not.

You have to fill out a form on what you are trying to sell in order to get the answer to what fees they charge.

You apparently missed the very large bold letters at the top of the page which says No appraisals or upfront fees.

Pat, Bottom line here is do they charge upfront fee and it doesn't matter what they call it! Most of these companies that run their ads saying no upfront fee are just a scam because they turn around and charge some other fee upfront! Either way they charge owner before doing any listing/selling!

Its the name game and the old saying is if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck most likely it is a duck!

Very simple question "Do they charge some other fee upfront" this is simple and straight forward question and not hard to answer!

Also saying they don't charge for appraisal is funny because no one gets appraisals on timeshares!

There have been so many post on these sites like this and everytime someone ask this simple question they get everything but the answer! Maybe this is why they are called scammers and many of us have fallen for this over the years and now try and warn people before they give their money away!

This has to be the number one warning on all timeshare forums and yet people everyday will go on one of these forums asking about some scam company with upfront fee's! Its these type people that keep these scammers in business!

Like I said in another post give your money to the homeless organization and then ask them to pass it around that you want to sell your timeshare. At least this way you can deduct your money plus end up with same results, none!

We don't charge upfront fees of any kind. I don't think www.alltimeshare.com does either. Doesn't sound like you have done your homework based on the answer above.

Jay K.
Jun 14, 2007

I know and respect Judi & her company. (I mean the company she works for).

Someone needs to really check the first post, and see what king wrote. He wants someone to sell it for what HE thinks is a 'market' price.

And it's a Marriott? Marriott will buy back any week...but at Marriotts price...not what you would like. It might simply be a give back for free...I heard this at a HOA meeting..."we will take back any week'. (So much for T/Ss increasing in value.

I don't know why Redweek isn't being tried...or even e bay? Myresortnetwork might also be good. If anything, those sites will at least give you a pricing idea (for selling or buying)

And....from what I have learned from reading regs posted on other TS sites, no broker in Florida.....none...can charge an up front fee to sell a T/S. But, advertising companies can do what they want. So, if a Florida company wants an upfront fee...see if they are a Realtor. If so...report them.

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Jun 14, 2007 11:37 AM

Jun 15, 2007

kekouri wrote:
I know and respect Judi & her company. (I mean the company she works for).

Someone needs to really check the first post, and see what king wrote. He wants someone to sell it for what HE thinks is a 'market' price.

And it's a Marriott? Marriott will buy back any week...but at Marriotts price...not what you would like. It might simply be a give back for free...I heard this at a HOA meeting..."we will take back any week'. (So much for T/Ss increasing in value.

I don't know why Redweek isn't being tried...or even e bay? Myresortnetwork might also be good. If anything, those sites will at least give you a pricing idea (for selling or buying)

And....from what I have learned from reading regs posted on other TS sites, no broker in Florida.....none...can charge an up front fee to sell a T/S. But, advertising companies can do what they want. So, if a Florida company wants an upfront fee...see if they are a Realtor. If so...report them.

The problem with Florida and Brokers not charging upfront fees is the Advertising Companies that charge an upfront fee and then own a real estate company that is the front for the advertising company. So if you call the real estate company they basically tell you they don't take listings but they do sell xyz's units that are advertised. If they are a Realtor they can be reported and dealt with. If they are a real estate company that is not a member of the Board of Realtors it is very difficult to deal with them. The DBPR is not aggressive with the timeshare situation. If I do something illegal or unethical I can be kicked out of the board and lose my license. If a non member of the Realtor Association does something not much happens to them. They can actually report me but I have no one to report them to. So when you are dealing with a Broker make sure he is a member of the National Association of Realtors. There are enough Broker Realtors selling timeshare that the upfront fee scam should be over

Jay K.
Jun 15, 2007

I have started a thread in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum with a list of a few resale companies that do not charge an upfront fee (some do charge a flat fee IF they sell your timeshare). If you know of any other companies then please add them to that list.

The problem with the word 'upfront fee' is that many companies will tell you that they don't charge an 'upfront fee' to sell a timeshare, but they do charge an 'upfront marketing fee'. It's all in the semantics ..... anything to separate you from your hard earned money before they lift a finger to even make an effort to sell your timeshare.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 15, 2007 07:38 AM

Jun 15, 2007

jayjay wrote:
I have started a thread in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum with a list of a few resale companies that do not charge an upfront fee (some do charge a flat fee IF they sell your timeshare). If you know of any other companies then please add them to that list.

The problem with the word 'upfront fee' is that many companies will tell you that they don't charge an 'upfront fee' to sell a timeshare, but they do charge an 'upfront marketing fee'. It's all in the semantics ..... anything to separate you from your hard earned money before they lift a finger to even make an effort to sell your timeshare.

Where is this? I'd like to see it.

Thanks, Rick

Rick K.
Jun 15, 2007

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=11977

kingofthecanal wrote:
Where is this? I'd like to see it. Thanks, Rick

R P.
Jun 19, 2007

Rick: In the past, Marriott has set in it right of first refusal on many T/Ss they are under contract to manage.

An example....a Marriott Beach Place 2 bed 2 bath L/O sale is usually stopped by Marriott at certain pricing.

A gold red week approx between $7000 to $7500 ....maybe to about $8000....I saw one go one e bay for less than $7000, but could not determine if it was stopped by MAR.

A Plat red weeks sale is stopped at about $12500.....maybe a bit less.

These numbers are fluid. I know realtor Seth Nock has been successful with these units. I also think I've seen judi (above) with listings.

Neither do upfront fees, but you need to remember, they don't work for free, either. But I have often visited their sites to see whats available. Just my wife.....No....No...No....not even for free NO ;)

Kenneth K.
Jul 02, 2007

Look at this website http://www.timeshareresalepros.com/ this is not an upfront scam company but rather an actual re-max real estate office that specializes in timeshares. They do not charge any up front fees.

They are based in Orlando.

Thier website has a lot of good info on it.

Contact for this company is Judi Kozlowski

Gary M.
Jul 03, 2007

I believe we have judi's reale company listed in the 'no upfront fee resale companies' in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum. I don't know about Seth Nock's company. If he is a no upfront fee resale company then please list it in that forum.

garym172 wrote:
Look at this website http://www.timeshareresalepros.com/ this is not an upfront scam company but rather an actual re-max real estate office that specializes in timeshares. They do not charge any up front fees.

They are based in Orlando.

Thier website has a lot of good info on it.

Contact for this company is Judi Kozlowski

R P.
Jul 04, 2007

Re: comments by ktt2 and jayjay relative to who sells timeshares, I would say that these are less than accurate statements. I am presently purchasing a re-sale from TransactionRealty.com based in Salt Lake City. This lady advertises on Redweek.com and has sold lots of TS's. She IS a licensed Real Estate broker as well. She doesn't necessarily have to sell TS's exclusively to make a living as a licensed Realtor. She advises me that she has sold >100 TS's thus far this year. If she makes 5% on a $20,000 TS what kind of living wage might that be if she sold over 100 weeks? You do the math. ktt2's mother must be a 1 dimension Realtor. Why not sell TS's? Sounds pretty lucrative to me. If I was a real hustler and didn't already have a job, I'd think about selling TS's. Word of mouth advertising, Redweek listings, no upfront fees and a fixed fee for closing costs. I recently looked at a private re-sale from a guy that owned 22 weeks at Marriott alone. After years of usage he elects to sell some and move on. I wanted one week but someone beat me to it and put down a deposit for an option on 12 weeks so I lost out. Is there a large market for re-sales? You bet. Lots of great weeks at great resorts. Divorces, deaths, kids leaving home, etc. Life goes on. Buy at a discount via Redweek and other places but DO buy from reputable, experienced brokers or find a private sale and save a few bucks. Don't pay an upfront fee. You will pay a deposit after you sign an intent to purchase - not the same thing. I'll give a followup after the sale is completed. So far I'm pleased and have NO cause to doubt the sale will proceed as advertised. RCS

Ray S.
Jul 05, 2007

rays39 Re: comments by ktt2 and jayjay relative to who sells timeshares, I would say that these are less than accurate statements. I am presently purchasing a re-sale from TransactionRealty.com based in Salt Lake City. This lady advertises on Redweek.com and has sold lots of TS's. She IS a licensed Real Estate broker as well. She doesn't necessarily have to sell TS's exclusively to make a living as a licensed Realtor. She advises me that she has sold >100 TS's thus far this year. If she makes 5% on a $20,000 TS what kind of living wage might that be if she sold over 100 weeks? You do the math. ktt2's mother must be a 1 dimension Realtor. Why not sell TS's? Sounds pretty lucrative to me. If I was a real hustler and didn't already have a job, I'd think about selling TS's. Word of mouth advertising, Redweek listings, no upfront fees and a fixed fee for closing costs. I recently looked at a private re-sale from a guy that owned 22 weeks at Marriott alone. After years of usage he elects to sell some and move on. I wanted one week but someone beat me to it and put down a deposit for an option on 12 weeks so I lost out. Is there a large market for re-sales? You bet. Lots of great weeks at great resorts. Divorces, deaths, kids leaving home, etc. Life goes on. Buy at a discount via Redweek and other places but DO buy from reputable, experienced brokers or find a private sale and save a few bucks. Don't pay an upfront fee. You will pay a deposit after you sign an intent to purchase - not the same thing. I'll give a followup after the sale is completed. So far I'm pleased and have NO cause to doubt the sale will proceed as advertised. RCS

Shelley from Transaction Realty is a great broker to work with. She is part of our group that does not charge upfront fees and abides by the rules of ethics.

Jay K.
Aug 20, 2007

i gave a up front fee already, timeshare is not sold. It is going on 2 years

Ethel M.
Aug 20, 2007

ethelm6 wrote:
i gave a up front fee already, timeshare is not sold. It is going on 2 years

Typical for upfront fee resale companies. They more than likely quoted you a price that they could sell your timeshare for that no one would even consider paying on the resale market. That's their game.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 20, 2007 05:36 AM

Jun 07, 2008

jdb6 wrote:
kingofthecanal wrote:
I'd like to find a Realtor who actually knows what they are doing and will sell my Timeshare in Florida for market price. I want a No Up Front Fee broker. Does anyone know of a good one?

Thanks,

kingofthecanal@optonline.net

Did you ever find someone to sell your timeshare without upfront fee?

Robert H.
Jun 07, 2008

roberth656 wrote:
jdb6 wrote:
kingofthecanal wrote:
I'd like to find a Realtor who actually knows what they are doing and will sell my Timeshare in Florida for market price. I want a No Up Front Fee broker. Does anyone know of a good one?

Thanks,

Any Broker affliated with www.tsxmls.com does not charge an upfront fee.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Jun 09, 2008

judik7 wrote:
roberth656 wrote:
jdb6 wrote:
kingofthecanal wrote:

Thanks,

You may want to try a group called Timeshare Broker Services based in Tampa. They don't take up-front fees and seem to do a good job and bill themselves as a broker for HGVC.

Steve L.
Jun 09, 2008

stevel235 wrote:
judik7 wrote:
roberth656 wrote:
jdb6 wrote:
kingofthecanal wrote:

Thanks,

You may want to try a group called Timeshare Broker Services based in Tampa. They don't take up-front fees and seem to do a good job and bill themselves as a broker for HGVC.
============== Be advised that broker's commisions are not the same as a broker who sells a house (i.e. 6%). A broker selling a TS might take a commission of $1000 or more regardless of the sale price.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.