Sep 11, 2010

Q

Dale H.
Sep 11, 2010

The only real different between resale and buying from the developer in HGVC is the Elite program - special privileges. The program is OK but not worth the extra money it cost to buy from the developer. Using your resale points you have a priority to book your home resort 9-12 months out - it is like a guarantee to get your week Kingsland Hawaii week. Less then 9 months you are competing with the masses. All of HGVC owners and all of RCI - I believe that is over 5000 people. During this down time in the economy it might not make much difference but once things turn back it will be nice to own where you want to go when it comes to Kingsland in Waikoloa, Hawaii as it is one of the four top tier resorts for HGVC. If you are lucky to trade into it then you have full access to all the facilities plus the Hilton Waikoloa Village which is stunning. You can walk to A-Bay the closest beach but parking there is free so why not drive? Hapuna Beach is 10 minutes away and makes many top beach lists worldwide. This is an upscale, beautiful vacation area. Quiet and low key. Good luck!

Dale H.
Nov 04, 2013

Wanted to add 2 cents.

My family has owned at the "Bay Club" since 1997 and witnessed many changes when HGVC took over. I have never stayed in the new HGVC units, but have toured through them. I would have to say the "Bay Club" Units are far superior.

There are 2 key differences between BC and HGVC.

Bay Club units are massive (about 1600 sqft each), built as private condos in the early 90s, but later converted to Timeshare, and fully renovated in 2010-2012.

Bay Club guests do not get access to Hilton Pools.

So, if the resort pool is your thing, go HGVC, if space and relaxation is your thing, go BC.

Andrew R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.