Hollywood Beach Tower

Hollywood Beach Towers

Mar 18, 2007

How was your last visit to this complex? Any info such as maintenance, cleanliness, etc.

Catherine S.
Aug 22, 2007

I am scheduled to vac in this resort can anyone who has been there in past 6 months let me know how this resort is did you have a good time was it compfortable and clean?

Gail W.
Aug 23, 2007

They are in the process of installing new elevators. Long overdue. That will definitely improve your stay. There has always been problems with the water and leaks not sure if that has improved. The only plus for this building due to its age and lack of maintenance over the years is Location Location Location.

Catherine S.
Aug 23, 2007

From what your saying this place does'nt sound good and interval did not have any other resort available for this week thanks for the info.

Gail W.
Oct 16, 2007

I go to the Hollywood Beach Towers every year since 1981 as an owner and have seen ups and downs with this property.Over the years things wear out and are repaired or more commonly patched.The plumbing is old and needs replacement which is on the agenda and the elevators are being replaced as we talk. [long overdue ] Other than that the staff if great , the location is fantastic, and if you have a problem with any aspect of the accomodations if you ask at the desk they will move you to a new room or ,as in the past, move you to Bonneventure if you want.The Tower is much better than the Ramada Resort next door which used to be an extension of the Tower but was severed some years back. Go and enjoy the stay and I would prefer an ocean side room if you can get it. Barry PS lots of great restaurants in this area.

Barry L.
Dec 13, 2007

I am booked in for 3 weeks in Feb 2008. Been there every year for the past 5. Staff is great, rooms are spacious and clean, nice pool and you are on the broadwalk.

Mike D.
Jan 03, 2008

catherines89 wrote:
How was your last visit to this complex? Any info such as maintenance, cleanliness, etc.
I and my husband own a unit on the 9th floor. week 20. Yes it is older. But the unit is clean and the staff is very helpful. new management took over a few years ago and is making some major improvemants to the property. The pool area is beautiful. The last time I was there the bath tubs had all been refurbished. The bathroom sinks and vanities are outdated but very clean. There was talk of refurbishing the kitchens. they're very outdated; but I believe that project is on hold until the plumbing has been redone. The units are to cramped if your bringing children or other company. They are very spacious for one couple. The units above the seventh floor have beautiful views on both sides of the building. Granted there are a lot of nicer places to stay, but the location is great. Its not a dump, just old. They could stand to hire an interior decorater. The rooms are a little cold. It takes everything I have not to go out and buy an area rug for the living room.

Cynthia S.
Apr 10, 2008

We own at the Hollywood Beach Towers and like it. We've only managed to stay there once in the 14 years we've owned the week, but we enjoyed ourselves. The unit is perfectly OK. As others have implied, the location is great. Hollywood isn't a place to go and hang out the entire time at the resort. It is a place to use as a base to do the many wonderful things offered in S. Florida. It is wonderful to be able to go down to the beach or just to the pool and hot tub. As others have mentioned, there are some great restaurants. We don't go more often because we own week 20 and I work in a school. I didn't know that I would be working in a school when we bought the week.

Katherine N.
Apr 11, 2008

catherines89 wrote:
I have been comming to The Hollywood Beach Hotel Tower now for 28 years and I have no major complaints. The plumbing seems to be fixed and the rooms have NEW couches/ daybeds.I am sitting on my pc at the moment in The Tower and I find things a little cleaner/ fresher here this year. The manager Don Lent seems to be good for the place and is always striving to help with any requests you nay have. The broadwalk is finnished and looks wonderful. I am happy to see my investment not crumbling away.

Barry L.
Apr 12, 2008

barry300 wrote:
catherines89 wrote:
I have been comming to The Hollywood Beach Hotel Tower now for 28 years and I have no major complaints. The plumbing seems to be fixed and the rooms have NEW couches/ daybeds.I am sitting on my pc at the moment in The Tower and I find things a little cleaner/ fresher here this year. The manager Don Lent seems to be good for the place and is always striving to help with any requests you nay have. The broadwalk is finnished and looks wonderful. I am happy to see my investment not crumbling away.

Theresa M.
Apr 12, 2008

I have been coming to HBT for over 20 years and have watched my investment go down the drain due to poor decisions. What this place needs is new faces on the board. They have a board that hasn't changed in over 18 years Its by far a fabulous location but the building is VERY OLD. I own many many timeshares and have never seen a board sitting over a decade some almost two. Without new input and suggestions they can't move forward. If looking for location, you got it here.

Theresa M.

Last edited by theresam116 on Apr 12, 2008 03:42 PM

Apr 13, 2008

theresam116 wrote:
I have been coming to HBT for over 20 years and have watched my investment go down the drain due to poor decisions. What this place needs is new faces on the board. They have a board that hasn't changed in over 18 years Its by far a fabulous location but the building is VERY OLD. I own many many timeshares and have never seen a board sitting over a decade some almost two. Without new input and suggestions they can't move forward. If looking for location, you got it here.

The main board member Mr. Ottino, has been been on the board all the way back to before 1989 and became the Secretary in 1990 to todays date. With the power of proxies, he has hand pick the board for many year. Plus he is a board member of the Berkley Group, which uses Hollywood Beach Tower for there benefit. One poor decision made May 20, 1989, when the board signed the indenture to buy the "Commercial Condominium Unit" for $375.000 from the Hollywood Resorts Company/Berkley Group. Plus interest, and we have been paying very since.

Alan F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.