Timeshare Exchanges

Selling a week

Mar 28, 2007

I would like to sell a week of my RCI timeshare but I do not have a specific resort or a specific time. You can use the week anytime, anywhere as long as the resort is available. Can I do this or do I have to book a specific date and resort first and then try to sell that week? Please help, I'm new at this.

Debbie B.
Mar 28, 2007

RCI/II rules specifically forbid renting a unit which is an exchange. If discovered, your account and that week's credit is cancelled. If you rent it and it is discovered while the renter is checking in, they will be turned away and will come after you for their airfare and expenses, and you will end up liable as you have violated the RCI/II rules which you agreed to when joining. Not a pretty picture.

Other than that it's cool :)

John F.
Mar 29, 2007

If it is not an exchange but a floating week that you own, you should book your week during a high season or a holiday with the resort. It's much easier to rent out desirable weeks than nondesirable weeks. Just book your floating week and place your rental ad on Redweek or other listing sites. It's easy to do.

debbieb232 wrote:
I would like to sell a week of my RCI timeshare but I do not have a specific resort or a specific time. You can use the week anytime, anywhere as long as the resort is available. Can I do this or do I have to book a specific date and resort first and then try to sell that week? Please help, I'm new at this.

R P.
Mar 29, 2007

jayjay wrote:
If it is not an exchange but a floating week that you own, you should book your week during a high season or a holiday with the resort. It's much easier to rent out desirable weeks than nondesirable weeks. Just book your floating week and place your rental ad on Redweek or other listing sites. It's easy to do.

debbieb232 wrote:

Can you explain to me what an Exchange is? Here is what I did - my original timeshare points are with Wyndham/Fairfield Resorts. I banked my points with RCI because they were about to expire. Is this considered an Exchange?

Debbie B.
Mar 29, 2007

debbie, you have merely deposited your points with RCI. You have yet to make an exchange. You can search and perform exchanges online or call an RCI guide to help you when you decide where you'd like to exchange to.

debbieb232 wrote:
Can you explain to me what an Exchange is? Here is what I did - my original timeshare points are with Wyndham/Fairfield Resorts. I banked my points with RCI because they were about to expire. Is this considered an Exchange?

R P.
Mar 30, 2007

jayjay wrote:
debbie, you have merely deposited your points with RCI. You have yet to make an exchange. You can search and perform exchanges online or call an RCI guide to help you when you decide where you'd like to exchange to.

debbieb232 wrote:
Debbie, You can only search online if you made a visible on line deposit with your Fairfield Points into RCI. If you did not make a visible online deposit you have to call the Fairfield Fairshare Plus RCI representative. The direct number to that desk is 800 572 0931. Stan

stanleyf5
Apr 20, 2007

That rule applies to the home resort, which means if you rent a week at your home resort then try to deposit with RCI, that's a breach in contract (So the rep at RCI explained to me). The rep also said RCI has no control if your compensated for making a guest booking (I still wouldn't be declaring it to the world :D )

Hope that helps.

john1671 wrote:
RCI/II rules specifically forbid renting a unit which is an exchange

Eric B.

Last edited by eric572 on Apr 20, 2007 03:25 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.