Timeshare Companies

We Collect Timeshares, LLC

Apr 27, 2007

Has anyone dealt with We Collect Timeshares, LLC? We attended one of their meetings and are interested in selling our timeshare but really do not want to pay to be rid of it. And even if we do pay, are we really free of the obligaton?

Judy P.
Apr 27, 2007

judyp87 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with We Collect Timeshares, LLC? We attended one of their meetings and are interested in selling our timeshare but really do not want to pay to be rid of it. And even if we do pay, are we really free of the obligaton?
were is yout time share located? AL

Al H.
Apr 28, 2007

We Collect Timeshares is a company that you pay $3000 + - to take your timeshare off your hands. They then turn around and sell it on Ebay for $1 making a huge profit.

All liens and maintenance fees must be paid in full before they will consider taking your timeshare.

It's just another timeshare scam to separate you from your money. They take advantage of the 'most desperate people wanting/needing to get rid of their timeshare'. You can list your own timeshare on Redweek or Ebay for $1.00 and get the same results as We Collect Timeshares.

judyp87 wrote:

R P.
Apr 29, 2007

judyp87 wrote:

Why don't you try selling it on e-bay?

Gordon R.
May 29, 2007

judyp87 wrote:
____

Hi everyone.

I work for that company and I will tell you that it's a good company started by good christian people and I've seen them help over 4 thousand people. You may or may not know this but a lot of timeshares out there have little or no market value. I've seen them pay cash for good properties that can be resold , I've seen them take a lot of properties for free if they can sell it for a litte and yes, on difficult properties they do charge as little as 794 (and more) to do the deed transfer and pay the resort transfer fee. But what else can you do with these properties? You mentioned ebay. I watch it all the time. Hundreds go UNSOLD with no bids every week even at $1.

So what do you tell the person who has been trying to sell it for 4 years? Spent $2000 on M fees for nothing. More on Newspaper ads, ebay ads and still can't get out of it.

For those that love your timeshare you may not want to hear this, but there's nothing you can do most of the time to even just get OUT of these contracts

Jonathan G.

Last edited by jonathang18 on May 29, 2007 05:17 PM

May 30, 2007

jonathan, your post is full of bull. Your company takes advantage of frustrated timeshare owners who are anxious to sell for whatever reason and you charge $3000 +- to take it off their hands and turn around and sell it on Ebay for $1. All liens and maintenance fees must be paid in full before you will take a timeshare and making thousands of dollars in profit for you when you sell for $1.

Your clients could easily sell, donate or almost give away their timeshares away just like you do and not have to fork out $3000 to do so.

Yours is just the latest scam involving timesharing and we wonder why timesharing is a dirty word to many people.

jonathang18 wrote:
judyp87 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with We Collect Timeshares, LLC?
____

Hi everyone.

I work for that company and I will tell you that it's a good company started by good christian people and I've seen them help over 4 thousand people. You may or may not know this but a lot of timeshares out there have little or no market value. I've seen them pay cash for good properties that can be resold , I've seen them take a lot of properties for free if they can sell it for a litte and yes, on difficult properties they do charge as little as 794 (and more) to do the deed transfer and pay the resort transfer fee. But what else can you do with these properties? You mentioned ebay. I watch it all the time. Hundreds go UNSOLD with no bids every week even at $1.

So what do you tell the person who has been trying to sell it for 4 years? Spent $2000 on M fees for nothing. More on Newspaper ads, ebay ads and still can't get out of it.

For those that love your timeshare you may not want to hear this, but there's nothing you can do most of the time to even just get OUT of these contracts

R P.
May 30, 2007

RESPONDING to JAYJAY How many timeshares do you own? I've worked with over a 1000 different properties. I meet people who have filed BK and the bankruptcy and the courts won't let them out of their properties. I meet with people who have called charities who will not take any timeshares and some charities who will not take their specific property. I've lots of people whose resort won't even take it back for free and when they stop paying their fees the resort sues them or send them to collections.

You also need to take into consideration that the resorts are renting properties out today to the general public so why buy a timeshare and be locked into it if you can rent them out? Also the internet has made lots of types of traveling cheap for everyone, whether you own a timeshare or not.

People who love their timeshares do not want to hear these types of stories and they get angry at me. Then years later, when they've struggled to get out of it and CAN'T they like me and they get angry at their resorts.

We're not the bad guys. The resorts could put us out of business by taking back their properties and letting the owners OUT who want OUT.

If the resorts would take their properties back, people wouldn't need my help. I think your agression is mis-directed. Most timeshare owners do not fully understand how their contracts really work. What your saying is true JAYJAY but only for about 10% of the resorts MAYBE 15. It's not that easy for the rest of them. It's not as easy as you think.

Jonathan G.
May 31, 2007

We once owned 9 timeshare weeks and we eventually sold all of them (see my thread on "How I Sold 9 Timeshare Weeks With Listing Sites Such As Redweek") in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum. I had no intention of paying an upfront fee resale company or a company such as yours that would charge me 3K to take my timeshare off my hands.

I think you offer a service, but that service comes with a very high price in the 3K range. That's taking advantage of desperate people. Your service could charge much less and you would still make a huge profit. It's what you charge that enrages timeshare educated people, not your service.

jonathang18 wrote:
RESPONDING to JAYJAY How many timeshares do you own? I've worked with over a 1000 different properties. I meet people who have filed BK and the bankruptcy and the courts won't let them out of their properties. I meet with people who have called charities who will not take any timeshares and some charities who will not take their specific property. I've lots of people whose resort won't even take it back for free and when they stop paying their fees the resort sues them or send them to collections.

You also need to take into consideration that the resorts are renting properties out today to the general public so why buy a timeshare and be locked into it if you can rent them out? Also the internet has made lots of types of traveling cheap for everyone, whether you own a timeshare or not.

People who love their timeshares do not want to hear these types of stories and they get angry at me. Then years later, when they've struggled to get out of it and CAN'T they like me and they get angry at their resorts.

We're not the bad guys. The resorts could put us out of business by taking back their properties and letting the owners OUT who want OUT.

If the resorts would take their properties back, people wouldn't need my help. I think your agression is mis-directed. Most timeshare owners do not fully understand how their contracts really work. What your saying is true JAYJAY but only for about 10% of the resorts MAYBE 15. It's not that easy for the rest of them. It's not as easy as you think.

R P.
May 31, 2007

jayjay wrote:
We once owned 9 timeshare weeks and we eventually sold all of them (see my thread on "How I Sold 9 Timeshare Weeks With Listing Sites Such As Redweek") in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum. I had no intention of paying an upfront fee resale company or a company such as yours that would charge me 3K to take my timeshare off my hands.

I think you offer a service, but that service comes with a very high price in the 3K range. That's taking advantage of desperate people. Your service could charge much less and you would still make a huge profit. It's what you charge that enrages timeshare educated people, not your service.

jonathang18 wrote:

JAYJAY I've done some reading though this forum. Your everywhere and know everything. (Just about) You represent a very small group of people who really do know a lot. Your education on timeshares is worth much more than 3k and would cost much more in time and resources to duplicate. I say this sincerely. You are well informed.

Except for when it comes to WCT and that business model. The average person pays less much less than what you think per property and the cost of doing business is much higher than you can imagine.

Again, the company is a good company with good people who really do care about the people they help and in the small percentage of case in which they are dealing with properties that can sell easily, they will offer a cash purchase price. This offer is not done in the regular appointments but it does happen often.

I acknowledge your concern for the industry you obviously care a great deal about and for consumers in general. I think if you and I met we would get along quit well.

Jonathan G.
Jun 01, 2007

My timeshare education comes from research, research and more research. That's the way I am ... when I am interested in something I will research it to death.

However, much of my education has come from buying and selling 9 timeshare weeks via the internet (one was developer bought and I realized how much money I would lose when selling it), belonging to both RCI and II, performing numerous exchanges with both and then becoming disenchanted with timesharing due to rising costs related to such plus the numerous scams out there (seems a new scam pops up every day now).

As I said earlier, I have no complaint with your company if they would charge a reasonable fee, but 3K is highway robbery.

I am here to try to educate people concerning anything timeshare.

R P.
Jun 19, 2007

Hey, ever hear of riiStroman..I have asked that they take me out of their mailing lists by sending a registered certified letter and in my state their acceptance of that letter puts me on a "do not contact" list for fear of monetary penalties to their company. That was a year ago and I haven't heard from them since. I have 3 timeshares (more than 10 years now) that are great locations, the fees are reasonable and my family and co-workers jump at the chance to use them each year. And they pay cash money too! I use the properties myself when it is possible. Sometimes I can't use them because a family member or friend has beat me to it! I have investigated the companies like "we collect" that say they are doing you a favor by taking the properties off of your hands for a "small" fee ($3000 ain't small) and find that all of them are the same. $2999 profit just about each time they find someone desperate enough to pay to "get out" of the timeshare system. And the "Oh you are indebted to this property in perpetuity" claim is a lot of bunk also. There are numerous organizations that will accept your property as a donation. Just run a Google and they will pop right up! Granted you may be asked to pay some of the closing costs for this transfer but in the end (and after claiming the lost costs, yes even the price you paid for the timeshare, as a tax deductible writeoff) you come out a winner in the end. The gentleman or gentlewoman who works for this "we collect" probably has been brainwashed enough to actually believe he/she is doing a valuable service but we who appreciate the use of our properties know them for the thieves they truly are. Shame on you.. Southern Man

William K.
Jun 29, 2007

gordon48 wrote:
judyp87 wrote:

Why don't you try selling it on e-bay?

We put timeshare up on ebay, great fun and not costly. Have to prove deed, etc before you can sell, but thats fine, cost about $25-40 for an auction or sell, You can put a reserve price to protect...

Judith P.
Sep 13, 2007

People, People, People, take the time to talk to your family, friends, and coworkers and rent your property out! Good gracious it is not that hard..And you recoup your costs for the maintenance fees. If you truly want to get rid of your timeshare donate it to charity and write it off. Go to Google and search for timeshare donations to charity and hook up with a reputable organization. As for me I have already rented my two penthouse timeshares in San Antonio to a lawyer who wants to entertain clients next year..It isn't that hard..Good luck and shame on you Southernman and you too "We Collect" You are a blotch on mankind and should be took out and shot.. This is the end of my message but I will check back to see what kind of good fortune deserving people have had with my suggestions. Now here is that message from one of THOSE people below..

If you run a google search on "We Collect Timeshares" you will find that it is also known as "Timeshare Freedom" and is owned by a Mr. Johnathan Gibbs. So I think it is safe to assume that jonathang18 is in fact the owner of the company and of course would only have good and positive things to say about them. You should give them a break. They run a business and are very smart about it. I am sure they do help people along the way as well.

William K.
Sep 13, 2007

jonathang18 wrote:
judyp87 wrote:
____

Hi everyone.

===== Once We Collect Timeshares takes on a property to sell, do they become responsible for paying any new maintenance fees falling due until the property does sell? MD

Mary D.
Sep 14, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
jonathang18 wrote:
judyp87 wrote:
____

Hi everyone.

===== Once We Collect Timeshares takes on a property to sell, do they become responsible for paying any new maintenance fees falling due until the property does sell? MD

Please read the note before this one about you can donate your timeshare..You do not have to pay anyone to get rid of your timeshare..Google Timeshare Donations and pick from the list. Find a good one! Get the benefit of a donation on your taxes! Do not listen to the purporters of doom and gloom that you are stuck forever in this timeshare disaster. Donate, Donate, Donate. They will use your timeshares as rentals and use the money to help their charities. I buy from charity all of the time and it is the best travel bargains I can find. Check out Points of Light Foundation on Ebay..I got a Maui trip, with air, and accomodations for $1105. Coach air fare and the Marriott in Hawaii. That is what I'm talking about. And I still have a timeshare in Pigeon Forge (where they are 100% sold) and they actually have a resales department. Wouldn't sell it though because I use it or rent it out each and every time. No problem. But they do have a resales department unlike the other 90% of timeshare developments aroung the world. Believe me, if you advertise your week among friends and coworkers you can rent it out every time. Later, I will keep up with the "We Collect Timeshares" folks and argue that there is another way to do this thing we call "Timeshares". Think of them as "RENTAL UNITS FOR YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS and COWORKERS " Have fun now..

William K.
Sep 14, 2007

Jonanthang18 is right about something here... there are timeshares that will NEVER sell, even at $1, with all fees paid, on eBay. So don't ever buy one in the first place. Out of season weeks should never be bought at any price, even if you are quite happy to use them yourself. How much better to spend a little bit more and get a peak red week and then exchange it into Redweek points, for instance, getting maybe two or three off-peak weeks for the price of one. Always remember that you generally pay the same maintenance fees for a peak holiday week as for a totally out-of-season one. Do your homework before you buy anything. Check eBay to find out how much the best weeks have successfully been sold for. Low season weeks have low exchange trading power (with RCI & II at any rate) and, when your circumstances change and you no longer wish to keep them, are damn near impossible to get rid of. You'll always find demand for a peak week and, if you buy resale, you'd be surprised how little you can get them for (I've never paid more than $1,000 even for school holiday weeks)

And never, NEVER buy from the resorts' reps. Always buy resale - for pennies on the dollar.

David D.

Last edited by davidd320 on Sep 14, 2007 02:29 PM

Sep 15, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
Once We Collect Timeshares takes on a property to sell, do they become responsible for paying any new maintenance fees falling due until the property does sell? MD

Yes, once you have given them $3500 and the deal is closed they are then responsible for any future maintenance fees.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 11, 2007 08:24 AM

Sep 15, 2007

william8 wrote:
People, People, People, take the time to talk to your family, friends, and coworkers and rent your property out! Good gracious it is not that hard..And you recoup your costs for the maintenance fees. If you truly want to get rid of your timeshare donate it to charity and write it off.

This is easier said than done. Some timeshares can't be rented at all and most charities are selective in what they will take. As you can see on Ebay some timeshares can't even be given away for $1.00. It's all about supply/demand/season.

R P.
Sep 15, 2007

jayjay wrote:
william8 wrote:
People, People, People, take the time to talk to your family, friends, and coworkers and rent your property out! Good gracious it is not that hard..And you recoup your costs for the maintenance fees. If you truly want to get rid of your timeshare donate it to charity and write it off.

This is easier said than done. Some timeshares can't be rented at all and most charities are selective in what they will take. As you can see on Ebay some timeshares can't even be given away for $1.00. It's all about supply/demand/season.

Well it is not hard to see who JayJay works for.. GOOGLE and donate.. I have been to We Collect Timeshares presentation and left with a very bad feeling about this company. They come across as all righteous and all until they stick you with the line of "We will assume your week for a cost of $3000" and we don't pay you. You pay us! To take away the albatross hanging around your neck. You are stuck in perpetuity paying maintenance fees and it will be passed on to your children and your children's children! Hogwash, donate your timeshare. IT IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK. You just have to take the time to do it and believe me it takes less time to do this than the time you sat through that 90 minute (which turned into 6 hour) presentation when you bought the property.. Donate or rent..You are the boss and don't listen to the naysayers..Power to the owners..

William K.
Sep 15, 2007

We collect timeshares is a hogwashing firm that takes your money. Donate your timeshare or rent it out. It is easier than you think.. Take the time to look into donating your timeshare.. Go to google search on your computer and look under Donating a timeshare and pick a reputable charity from the list. It does work.. Power to the owners, hogwash to We Collect Timeshares..

William K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.