Polo Towers

New management needed at Polo Towers

May 01, 2007

In my opinion, Diamond Resorts has done a less than honorable or professional job managing the resort. When I bought I was told they wanted to make Polo Towers "the premier timeshare in Las Vegas". I'm afraid Hilton and Marriot has made sure that will never happen. As a Hilton owner, I can assure you that Diamond Resorts has a LONG WAY to go before they can aspire to being a "premier" ownership.

Let me give some examples: (1) I never get a news letter (unless they are trying to get me to vote for something....like redecorating and refurbishment....remember the slick 'Facets' mailer) (2) the annual meeting is a joke and the "Minutes" that are published and sent out to the owners is worthless (i.e. "the meeting started, some questions were asked and answered, the meeting ended".....WHAT? Who asked what, and what was the answer? absolute crap!) (3) I think they update the website about every 2-years, whether it needs it or not (4) The board "threatens" the members with extra fees and maintenance rate increases when they do not get what they want (5) I continuously have problems with my account and billing, and they act like everthing is my fault (6) Mr Troy Magdos is NEVER available and has cancelled appointments with me with less than 1-hour notice. Also his secretary screenes his calls like your calling the President of the United States (7) We cannot trade with any other resorts in what many resorts call their "family or group of resorts". Any trades MUST be done with Interval International (a cheap version of RCI with very confusing rules and "banking" restrictions....who picked them to handle trades for Polo anyway, and how much was the kickback? (8) What happened to the prestigous 15th Floor bar with the fabulous view of the strip? Is it even open anymore? Last time I went in there it reminded me of the beer-soaked musty G.I. club I hung out at in Germany back in 1986. (9) They DO NOT respond to any email....regardless of the reason or question. (10) The customer service/reservations phone number is consistently busy...I have to call back severla times and sometimes over a period of several days just to get thru in a timely fashion. Can we please HIRE A FEW MORE PEOPLE or how bout scheduling better? *************************************** But seriously, all joking and kidding aside....we need a better management company that will provide the kind of professional, responsive service we all paid for when we bought at Polo Towers. There are several companies I would recommend, like VRI or Raintree. I know there are a lot of unhappy owners....just look at all the SALE postings on Redweek, not to mention the other top five timeshare resale sites (TUG.com, sellmytimesharenow.com, etc.) Does anyone know how the owners would go about voting on NEW management so we can break the developers grip on OUR timeshare property? ******************************************

Bryan H.

Last edited by majbeck on May 01, 2007 09:43 PM

Jun 03, 2007

majbeck wrote:
In my opinion, Diamond Resorts has done a less than honorable or professional job managing the resort. When I bought I was told they wanted to make Polo Towers "the premier timeshare in Las Vegas". I'm afraid Hilton and Marriot has made sure that will never happen. As a Hilton owner, I can assure you that Diamond Resorts has a LONG WAY to go before they can aspire to being a "premier" ownership.

Let me give some examples: (1) I never get a news letter (unless they are trying to get me to vote for something....like redecorating and refurbishment....remember the slick 'Facets' mailer) (2) the annual meeting is a joke and the "Minutes" that are published and sent out to the owners is worthless (i.e. "the meeting started, some questions were asked and answered, the meeting ended".....WHAT? Who asked what, and what was the answer? absolute crap!) (3) I think they update the website about every 2-years, whether it needs it or not (4) The board "threatens" the members with extra fees and maintenance rate increases when they do not get what they want (5) I continuously have problems with my account and billing, and they act like everthing is my fault (6) Mr Troy Magdos is NEVER available and has cancelled appointments with me with less than 1-hour notice. Also his secretary screenes his calls like your calling the President of the United States (7) We cannot trade with any other resorts in what many resorts call their "family or group of resorts". Any trades MUST be done with Interval International (a cheap version of RCI with very confusing rules and "banking" restrictions....who picked them to handle trades for Polo anyway, and how much was the kickback? (8) What happened to the prestigous 15th Floor bar with the fabulous view of the strip? Is it even open anymore? Last time I went in there it reminded me of the beer-soaked musty G.I. club I hung out at in Germany back in 1986. (9) They DO NOT respond to any email....regardless of the reason or question. (10) The customer service/reservations phone number is consistently busy...I have to call back severla times and sometimes over a period of several days just to get thru in a timely fashion. Can we please HIRE A FEW MORE PEOPLE or how bout scheduling better? *************************************** But seriously, all joking and kidding aside....we need a better management company that will provide the kind of professional, responsive service we all paid for when we bought at Polo Towers. There are several companies I would recommend, like VRI or Raintree. I know there are a lot of unhappy owners....just look at all the SALE postings on Redweek, not to mention the other top five timeshare resale sites (TUG.com, sellmytimesharenow.com, etc.) Does anyone know how the owners would go about voting on NEW management so we can break the developers grip on OUR timeshare property? ******************************************

I totally agree with your views! I have found it impossible to reach "customer service" and all emails have been ignored whenever I have sent them. I finally resorted to calling the front desk and fortunately got a helpful person to assist me. I recently returned from my week's stay and had a great trip. However, I was a bit disappointed in the "renovations"???? On the positive side, the unit was very clean and I think the location is the absolute best, at least it is for us. I do hope Polo management gets it's act together, perhaps more of us need to get involved here.

Lori W.
Jul 31, 2007

I have to say that I've never had an issue with CS not returning my E-mails and I've never been stuck on hold or had issues with a busy signal and we've owned since '98.

As far as new management that won't be happening. Instead Diamond Resort International has purchased Sunterra Resorts. Now you'll be offered the once in a lifetime (sarcasm) opportunity to join Club Sunterra for an additional $2,995 and convert your fixed week to SunOptions points. There are advantages but I'm not paying almost $3,000 plus an additional $151/year club membership fee's (on top of our MF's) for internal exchange priveledges when I can pay $135 to I.I. and exchange into those very same resort. So far I've never had a problem exchanging my PT's weeks and pulling Sunterra weeks.

Doug P.
Aug 02, 2007

LoriW34- Please tell me more about the renovations. Aren't they as beautiful as the villas now with their Tuscan good looks and granite rich feel? Please, someone tell us what to expect or not to expect in our new renovations. Did we get our every dimes worth or did someone take us to the bank?

Orville F.
Sep 02, 2022

We arrived at Polo Towers middle of May 2022! It was for Our anniversary! Delta delivered our luggage. I got mine but my wife didn’t. Delta said her luggage was delivered and sent a picture for us showing that it was delivered. The front desk person Anastasia would not help at all. I said it that it was delivered here here’s the picture. She would not look at the Picture and said to go to security! Everything goes to security! Went to security they said they didn’t receive anything. Went back to Anastasia and tell her can we look on the camera because they said it was delivered at 8:36 PM. She said no nobody has access to the cameras! So I said why do you have the cameras then? She got mad at me and said just keep checking with security. Three days later still no luggage! I had to go out and buy my wife all new clothes! I kept stopping by and checking the security in the front desk Anastasia was so rude! And I would stop by the front desk and give her an update she told me I need to apologize to her! And I said for what she said I was rude I laughed told her I ran 18 businesses before I retired and she would’ve been fired working for me! Lol Finally got the luggage on The fourth day! It was delivered across the street to another hotel. Could’ve been taken care of if I could’ve or they could’ve looked at the camera! Poorly managed hotel! Really bad experience!

John B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.