Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Preston Green or Americap International Corp

May 18, 2007

I've got a redweek ad posted out to rent a unit, and received two prompt responses from a Preston Green and another from someone representing Americap International Corp. Just wondered if anyone had any experience positive or negative with either of these individuals or groups. Its not like Ebay where you get feedback scores, but figured the user community could help out

Jeff S.
May 18, 2007

Are you wanting to rent a timeshare unit from someone else or are you wanting to rent out your owned unit.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 18, 2007 07:29 AM

May 18, 2007

I looked up Americap's website on the internet, but I couldn't make out the light yellow words on the white screen.

http://www.americapint.com/

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 18, 2007 07:24 AM

May 18, 2007

jayjay wrote:
Are you wanting to rent a timeshare unit from someone else or are you wanting to rent out your owned unit.

Renting one from someone else

Jeff S.
May 18, 2007

I've never heard of Americap but that doesn't mean they aren't legitimate, however I would talk to a live person at Americap in order to get all information and terms concerning their rentals.

It would seem this company is using Redweek to snag their clients.

They desperately need to redesign their webpage as it's barely readable.

R P.
May 23, 2007

Mmmmmm I've just been offerd the unit and time I 'redwished 'at a cheaper price than someone else.They did give me a number to call,we live in Ireland so haven't had a chance yet to work out time difference yet.!!!

Does having a live person to talk to make it more legit,could still be a bogus person I speak to.I'm getting nervous now!!!! What'll I do? Any advise

Brenda C.
May 24, 2007

Talking to a live person doesn't necessarily make anything more legit as has been the case with upfront fee resale companies, but I would feel more at ease talking to an agent concerning a rental rather than everything being done by email.

Make sure they send you a rental contract stating the terms and conditions of the rental, and if you're okay with those terms then make sure the contract is signed by both you and rental agent (company).

A sample rental agreement is in this forum (Buying, Selling and Renting) to see what legalese is important concerning rentals.

brendac23 wrote:
Does having a live person to talk to make it more legit,could still be a bogus person I speak to.I'm getting nervous now!!!! What'll I do? Any advise

R P.
May 24, 2007

Jeff152 states, in pertinent part: >> ...received two prompt responses from a Preston Green and another from someone representing Americap International Corp....<<

Preston Green is affiliated with a West Coast entity called "Vacation Homes Only". From my own personal experience and observation, he apparently scouts (trolls?) around several timeshare sites (RedWeek, TUG, etc.) prospecting for business based upon posted classified ads which he discovers there. That's not to suggest that he is not legitimate --- he might very well be. I have had no actual conversation with the man, frankly having no interest whatsoever in ever doing so. Frankly, I didn't like his style --- but "your mileage (and opinion) may vary". My bet is that you don't need him at all to rent out (for a hefty commission) that which you can likely rent out on your own without his involvement.

KC
May 29, 2007

I also just got an email from Preston re: one of my RedWish posts and told me he had weeks for me to buy starting in the hundrerds of dollars....I am thinking if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....IT'S A DUCK....and I am going to stay away unless someone else has some other info to share. Thank goodness for this forum!

Kathleen D.
May 29, 2007

Hi there,

also got an email from a Joyce Bent about a posting I put on RedWish-anyone ever had any dealing with or heard of this person-Googel did not turn up too much; I am thinking she is a broker.

Thanks again!

Kathleen D.
May 29, 2007

Re: >> got an email from a Joyce Bent about a posting I put on RedWish-anyone ever had any dealing with or heard of this person-Googel did not turn up too much; I am thinking she is a broker. <<

Rather than make your inqury within an existing thread on other entirely unrelated players, you might want to instead post a new inquiry in a new thread where it will likely be much more widely seen and just not buried within the content of a thread dealing with unrelated others. Just a suggestion, for whatever it's worth.......

KC
May 30, 2007

jeffs152 wrote:
I've got a redweek ad posted out to rent a unit, and received two prompt responses from a Preston Green and another from someone representing Americap International Corp. Just wondered if anyone had any experience positive or negative with either of these individuals or groups. Its not like Ebay where you get feedback scores, but figured the user community could help out
I also got an email from Americap after posting a rental wanted ad here. I would rather deal with the actual owner than take a chance on a "clearing house " site.

Robin B.
Jun 01, 2007

We at Americap International represent timeshare owners and if we have something listed in our computer that is close to what some one is looking for, we respond to their ad.

Chris W.
Oct 24, 2007

jeffs152 wrote:
I contracted with americap for a rental in Cabo they debited my credit card $800 and I have heard very little from them I have left 3 messages and they will not return my calls. I am dealing with Chris Wood. I am about to go the legal route to get my money back. Amercap appears to be a very poor business if not an outright scam Stay away from them

Patrick M.
Oct 24, 2007

I rented a time share thru Americap Int. for $800 for a week in Feb.2008 back in 7/2007 and have not heard from them since they got my money. Stay away from this operation, they don't return calls. appears to be a bad scene. I've contacted redweek .

Patrick M.
Oct 24, 2007

No one who has posted to this board has received any actual timeshare rentals from Americap. They are no longer supposed to be using Redweek - Marty - is there a loophole somewhere that allowed Chris to contact this latest person?

Lisa M.
Oct 24, 2007

lisam500 wrote:
No one who has posted to this board has received any actual timeshare rentals from Americap. They are no longer supposed to be using Redweek - Marty - is there a loophole somewhere that allowed Chris to contact this latest person?

Chris Wood's account was cut off in August 2007 so he has not been able to do any more damage since then. The above posting was contacted by Chris in July 2007.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 24, 2007

I was contacted by Chris Woods after posting an ad through redweek in June 2007. I agreed to 3 weeks at Coconut Bay and my credit card was charged. I have left many messages after talking with a man a few weeks ago. At that time he said that Chris Woods was in Orlando FL. I sent an e-mail to the address I have, it was returned unknown.

Maureen D.
Oct 25, 2007

Here are some other things to consider in any rental situation:

All the renters should confirm the reservations with the resort are in their names.

Any fraud or theft should be reported to your local police to take action and contact the Florida authorities.

We can't stress enough how important using the escrow company is exactly for this reason... scammers don't get your money when it's being held in escrow.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 25, 2007

marty8084 notes: >> We can't stress enough how important using the escrow company is exactly for this reason... scammers don't get your money when it's being held in escrow. <<

While I agree with this logic in theory, in my own limited observations and experience, First American Title has been either very slow to respond to inquiries or, in other instances, entirely unresponsive at all.

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.