Timeshare Companies

SEABREEZE ADVERTISING

Sep 01, 2007

laddied Jackie from Seabreeze has contacted me about selling my timeshare in St. Augustine Beaqch, Fl.

After you spend time on here and other sites you will see the main question is same as yours. The answer is always NO TO UPFRONT COMPANIES!

If you feel this lady is honest then guess what,she is good at her job!

Want to see how honest they are then tell Jackie that she can sell to this buyer she has and take the fee from the sale. Even offer her a little bonus for job well done.

You will hear every reason why they are not able to do this except the truth.

The truth is Jackie has no one with interest in your units. What Jackie has is interest in taking your money.

If you have any doubts try this and sit back and watch the games start or the phone calls to end!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Mar 11, 2008 02:19 PM

Sep 01, 2007

In all the years that I've been reading timeshare forums on the internet, not a single person has posted that an upfront fee resale company sold their timeshare. That should tell you something.

If this company was legit they would take their fee after they sell, not before. Once they have your money there is no incentive to sell except to list your timeshare in a computer database that nobody will ever see. I almost guarantee you that she quoted some outrageous amount that she could sell your timeshares for ????? This is part of their game. Run as fast as you can.

R P.
Sep 01, 2007

Thanks I appreciate the input. I did call back and left a message that I wasn't at this moment ready to "put out" and I did not receive a call back, as yet. I actually really like my time share, have had since 1986 and use it as a retreat from business, so I can hibernate, but this year, needed to rent it to do a business cruise, only reason I was really looking and only then cause it came in and I looked before sending to Spam. This is actually the first time I have seen time share forums and only found this, cause I was checking up on Seabreeze! Thanks again, al!

LaddieD

Laddie D.
Sep 12, 2007

jayjay In all the years that I've been reading timeshare forums on the internet, not a single person has posted that an upfront fee resale company sold their timeshare. That should tell you something.

If this company was legit they would take their fee after they sell, not before. Once they have your money there is no incentive to sell except to list your timeshare in a computer database that nobody will ever see. I almost guarantee you that she quoted some outrageous amount that she could sell your timeshares for ????? This is part of their game. Run as fast as you can.[/

Actually, I found Seabreeze to be successful in the resale of my timeshare in Orlando at the Westgate Lakes. Not only did Seabreeze bring mean offer within $1000 of my asking price. Seabreeze also helped me with the closing, title transfer and recouping the money I spent with Timeshares Only. Mr. Reed

Glen R.
Sep 12, 2007

butchh2 wrote:
Yes I have done business with Seabreeze and they are a very good resale company. not only did they sell my timeshare but they got me a refund from those {-------------] at Red Week and Timeshares by Owner. So if any One has anything bad to say about Seabreeze there wrong. Red Week, Timeshares only, Timeshare by owner, these companys are scams. Seabreeze in my eyes did what they told me they would do.

Its hard to take someone's post serious with the uncalled for bad language your using of which I blocked out on my post!

We have disagreements with some opinions on here but at no time has any of us needed to use this trash talk to get our point across!

You want owners to listen then speak like a intelligent person and forget the cussing!

There is just no place on here for your trash talk!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Dec 21, 2007 08:55 PM

Sep 13, 2007

so how do you sell your timeshare? i want to get rid of mine, i just bought in last year, havent used it, a bad taste was left in my mouth from it and i don't want it anymore. seabreeze contacted me, as well as other online timeshare companies. they all asked for upfront monies. i told them i will call them when i'm ready. so what does one do?

Gail D.
Sep 14, 2007

gaild54 wrote:
so how do you sell your timeshare? i want to get rid of mine, i just bought in last year, havent used it, a bad taste was left in my mouth from it and i don't want it anymore. seabreeze contacted me, as well as other online timeshare companies. they all asked for upfront monies. i told them i will call them when i'm ready. so what does one do?

You don't need ANY of these parasites to sell your timeshare for you. If your week has any desirability at all, you can sell it yourself without ANY of these parasites by advertising here on RedWeek, on TUG, MYResortNetwork.com and last (and my personal least favorite), eBay. Yes, you'll incur some small costs to place your ads, but you'll get broad exposure in return. Just make sure that you look around at other ads and make sure that you price your week competitively with other comparable advertised weeks. Remember, although it's sometimes difficult to accept, that the marketplace does NOT care one bit what you previously paid for your week. ALL that matters in the resale marketplace is current value in that market TODAY, and a little time invested perusing other ads will give you a clear picture of the range of market prices out there. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 14, 2007 04:20 AM

Sep 14, 2007

Hey Phil:

Why block it out? Don't we want to see what appears to comes out of that office?

Kenneth K.
Sep 14, 2007

kekouri wrote:
Hey Phil:

Why block it out? Don't we want to see what appears to comes out of that office?

You can still go up to the post Sept 12 and read it. I just don't feel it belongs on here and even though Marty asked the person to delete the wording it still sets there.

I have used it myself like most people but just don't think this is the place for it!

Phil L.
Sep 14, 2007

Messages from 'butchh2' have been removed. This person is no longer allowed to post on our forums. The language used is not tolerated and he had never paid RedWeek.com a penny for our services so his claims were completely unfounded.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Sep 14, 2007

I agree with you. It looks like Marty needed to delete it.....

On another T/S site I volunteer for, the owners son refused an advertisement from a specific company. You should have seen the language a rep posted in return for the prefer not to use your company.

It was unbelievable. I can't believe these brainless nitwits can run business like that. I wanted to post the reply all over the place. But they said no.

And maybe I'm a bit jealous. I saw a site showing the life one of these other than upfront fee companies live ( It was a PCC). The two owners were featured in a layout for a magazine....posted on the internet, and bragged how they were making a fortune on other peoples misfortune.

When site was linked from the T/S help sites, the layout quickly disappeared.

Glad she deleted it, really. I don't return to sites where they need to make a point via language like that. Avoids the well thought out reply....gotta go...yell at my wife..!!! Nothins ever right around here :)

Kenneth K.
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, rats, Marty. Next time, notify me before you erase those naughty posts. I don't get good crazy e-mails anymore.

NO upfront money to sell a timeshare. Post this on your fridge to remind you when you feel your will weakening.

I like the other poster's idea to tell them they can deduct it from the sale price.

Carrie S.
Sep 16, 2007

gaild54 wrote:

Sell it yourself on ad sites such as Redweek .... do not hire an upfront fee company. Keep dropping your asking price until you start getting some interest. If you bought from the developer you will get no where near what you paid selling on the resale market. Your timeshare may not be marketable at all depending on supply, demand and season designation of your week.

R P.
Oct 03, 2007

cynthia281 wrote:
kristenc35 wrote:
Well, one thing I find interesting is that I sold a fairfield property for $16,940 through their company. It was 154,000 points, and using your formula above I guess I received .11 cents per point. And I checked it out with the resort I was deeded through, there were selling the packages at .14 cents a point.

Also, Seabreeze Advertising is not a real estate agent or broker, they are licensed mortgage broker. Completely different. They finance buyers, real estate brokers cannot do that. Which I am very aware of the limitiations, because I am also a licensed real estate agent (from years ago). I couldnt even begin to find a way to try and market these things myself. Its not like I can go and put a sign in the front yard or the resort!

Hope this info helps.

Shill for this upfront fee company. Sellers beware of this person.

Need to protect the above post showing the sales data.

Someone on the tugbbs needs help with Seabreeze.....if anyone can help?

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=401312&posted=1#post401312

Kenneth K.
Oct 03, 2007

kristenc35 wrote:
Actually, I worked with Seabreeze on a few timeshares and found them more knowledgeable and successful than any other companies I had talked to or worked with. They were the only company who had in house mortgage brokers there ready to finance my buyers. Also, they assisted me with a refinance of my primary home residence. I found them very helpful. Now if they could have sold my 3rd timeshare week as fast as the first two, I wouldnt have had to pay the assessment fee that was issued just before closing.

Do you mind me asking where the timeshares were that they sold for you? Did you pay an upfront fee with them? I just gave them my money and am hearing all kinds of bad stuff on these posts, your positive post has really made me feel better.

Jennifer R.
Oct 04, 2007

jenniferr233 wrote:
Do you mind me asking where the timeshares were that they sold for you? Did you pay an upfront fee with them? I just gave them my money and am hearing all kinds of bad stuff on these posts, your positive post has really made me feel better.

1. You've probably just thrown away whatever money you paid them upfront.

2. They more than likely will not even attempt to sell your timeshare. They merely add it to a list in their computer database that no one will see.

3. Why should they try to sell your timeshare, they already have your money.

4. Too bad you paid them before you saw all the bad information here concerning those that have lost thousands of dollars dealing with upfront fee resale companies.

R P.
Oct 04, 2007

Re: >> ... your positive post has really made me feel better. << =====================================

It shouldn't, since it is almost certainly a shill posting.

In 20+ years of timeshare ownership, I have NEVER heard of anyone successfully selling a timeshare through ANY upfront fee parasite advertiser. NOT ONCE.

They now have your money and they will place a lame ad, at much too high a listing price, on some obscure and rarely viewed web site. Their work is now done. You will never hear from them (or any "buyer") again.

If my statement and prediction above miraculously proves to be wrong, please come back and report that you are the FIRST in my experience to ever have one of these obscure, upfront fee "advertising" outfits succeed in "selling" your timeshare. I won't be holding my breath in the meantime, however.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 04, 2007 07:07 AM

Oct 04, 2007

I do hope you find away to sell but there are thousands of timeshares that can not get sold and some owners can't even give them away!

If you bought at a very good resort and season on the resales market you might get lucky.

This seems to be a big problem with many people that come on these sites to complain about buying a timeshare and being taken. This sounds in your case like you bought from the resort developer and spent way to much money and now after reading these sites you no longer like your resort.

If this is the case then you will lose thousands of dollars if you sell. Take a step back and think!

When you bought into this resort you must have liked it and wanted to vacation there for many years so do it because this is how you get your money's worth.

Bottom line is buying a timeshare is one of the dumbest investments if you buy to make money! You buy a timeshare to enjoy years of vacations at your resort or trade to other places.

I always say to buy your timeshare where you would love to go every year! Buying for any other reason not a smart move.

The sales people are good at their jobs but even they can't sell to you if you didn't have interest in the resort.

Your idea of having a bad taste in your mouth and have not used your unit is your choice. You are not hurting anyone but yourself by not getting any use from your purchase.

When you and thousands of other new owners get upset you need to understand you should be mad at yourself because you could have said no to the sales person at anytime and went on about enjoying your vacation.

Many people are so set on getting the freebies to sit and listen and next thing you bought and now your upset!

Families should check out resorts they love staying at but go home and think about buying later. The resort will always be available later and cheaper price on resales!

If you pay upfront company to list your unit then later you will be back on here complaining of being taken again!

Try few years of enjoying your resort before giving up!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Mar 11, 2008 02:29 PM

Dec 18, 2007

sheilaswanger4 wrote:
HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY . DID THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE.
i listed with them in march. paid $600. they heavily solicited that they would sell within 3 months. i still haven't received a single offer, let alone sold it.

Janine F.
Dec 18, 2007

janinef8 wrote:
states: >> i listed with them in march. paid $600. they heavily solicited that they would sell within 3 months. i still haven't received a single offer, let alone sold it.
<<

You'll never hear from these parasites again --- their work is already done (i.e., they have already succeeded in getting your money). They couldn't care less whether or not you ever sell your timeshare --- there is literally nothing more in it for them anyhow.

I hope that you are now pursuing more productive selling prospects (specifically, a reasonable selling price, in ads listed on RedWeek, TUG, MyResortNetwork, Bidshares (free), Craigslist (also free), eBay. For less than $100 total and a little effort exerted on your part, you can have your timeshare ad seen by anyone and everyone on the planet even possibly interested in your particular week. Ain't NO ONE one looking at (or hearing from) "SeaBreeze Advertising", whoever and wherever and whatever on earth they might be..... and that $600 is, unfortunately, water under the bridge and GONE.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 18, 2007 03:17 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.