Timeshare Companies

SEABREEZE ADVERTISING

May 21, 2007

HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY . DID THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE.

Sheila S.
May 21, 2007

If they charge an upfront fee then run as fast as you can.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 21, 2007 03:50 PM

Jun 06, 2007

jayjay wrote:
They have asked an upfront fee for selling my timeshare of $524.00 - they say nothing about the $350.00 closing fee - just that the "buyer pays the fee" Could you please explain your statement (above)?

Kathy G.
Jun 06, 2007

kathyg154 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
They have asked an upfront fee for selling my timeshare of $524.00 - they say nothing about the $350.00 closing fee - just that the "buyer pays the fee" Could you please explain your statement (above)?

Kathy G.
Jun 06, 2007

Never pay a resale company an upfront fee to sell your timeshare. If you've real all the threads/posts concerning that subject here on Redweek you will see why you never pay a resale company an upfront fee (they have your money already and no incentive to sell your timeshare).

kathyg154 wrote:
kathyg154 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

R P.
Jun 06, 2007

Seabreeze offered to sell my time share, but they wanted an upfront fee of $528.00 on my Visa, saying the buyer would pay all fees, but there was a closing fee of $350.00 that was not specifically mentioned.

Is this company legit, and why do they want an upfront fee?

Kathy

Kathy G.
Jun 07, 2007

Please read my post above and continue to read all posts and threads on Redweek pertaining to upfront fee resale companies. That should answer your question.

kathyg154 wrote:
Seabreeze offered to sell my time share, but they wanted an upfront fee of $528.00 on my Visa, saying the buyer would pay all fees, but there was a closing fee of $350.00 that was not specifically mentioned.

Is this company legit, and why do they want an upfront fee?

Kathy

R P.
Jun 18, 2007

Actually, I worked with Seabreeze on a few timeshares and found them more knowledgeable and successful than any other companies I had talked to or worked with. They were the only company who had in house mortgage brokers there ready to finance my buyers. Also, they assisted me with a refinance of my primary home residence. I found them very helpful. Now if they could have sold my 3rd timeshare week as fast as the first two, I wouldnt have had to pay the assessment fee that was issued just before closing.

Kristen C.
Jun 19, 2007

Some people are probably luckier than others. I have to agree with Jay.

The website says they will help you sell.

I see two Fairfield/Wyndham sets of points for sale here. How could anyone list 128,000 points for $18,000 or 306,000 points for $37,000???

A week listed at the Welk resort with listing the week number of float time? And that price I've seen here and other places for 1/2 the listing prices?

I guess most people in the know realize that Fairfield/Wyndham resale points sell resale for one penny each to just less than 3 cents each.

128,000 X .02= $2560 306000 X .02 = $6120

Yes, multiply out the differences between what Seabreeze has listed, and what they will sell out.

That leads me to believe that all I want is that upfront fee....letem list at what they want...and maybe some year some other sucker will pay that much.

Thats why I tend to agree with Jay......(and thats not always the case.)

According to the T/S Beat, HGVC is building units on west 47th St NYC to start at pricing of $40,000 a week....

Also not noted on the Seabreeze site was many maintance fees per week per year listed for sales.

Think of it this way, what does an front fee company have to worry about sales for? They already were paid.

If Seabreeze is a Realtor, are they even allowed to charge an upfront fee via Florida law? (NO)

Is this their site?:

http://www.seabreezeadvertising.com/

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Jun 19, 2007 10:25 AM

Jun 19, 2007

kekouri wrote:
Some people are probably luckier than others. I have to agree with Jay.

The website says they will help you sell.

I see two Fairfield/Wyndham sets of points for sale here. How could anyone list 128,000 points for $18,000 or 306,000 points for $37,000???

A week listed at the Welk resort with listing the week number of float time? And that price I've seen here and other places for 1/2 the listing prices?

I guess most people in the know realize that Fairfield/Wyndham resale points sell resale for one penny each to just less than 3 cents each.

128,000 X .02= $2560 306000 X .02 = $6120

Yes, multiply out the differences between what Seabreeze has listed, and what they will sell out.

That leads me to believe that all I want is that upfront fee....letem list at what they want...and maybe some year some other sucker will pay that much.

Thats why I tend to agree with Jay......(and thats not always the case.)

According to the T/S Beat, HGVC is building units on west 47th St NYC to start at pricing of $40,000 a week....

Also not noted on the Seabreeze site was many maintance fees per week per year listed for sales.

Think of it this way, what does an front fee company have to worry about sales for? They already were paid.

If Seabreeze is a Realtor, are they even allowed to charge an upfront fee via Florida law? (NO)

Is this their site?:

http://www.seabreezeadvertising.com/

_____________________________________________ Well, one thing I find interesting is that I sold a fairfield property for $16,940 through their company. It was 154,000 points, and using your formula above I guess I received .11 cents per point. And I checked it out with the resort I was deeded through, there were selling the packages at .14 cents a point.

Also, Seabreeze Advertising is not a real estate agent or broker, they are licensed mortgage broker. Completely different. They finance buyers, real estate brokers cannot do that. Which I am very aware of the limitiations, because I am also a licensed real estate agent (from years ago). I couldnt even begin to find a way to try and market these things myself. Its not like I can go and put a sign in the front yard or the resort!

Hope this info helps.

Kristen C.

Last edited by kristenc35 on Jun 19, 2007 12:27 PM

Jun 19, 2007

Well, one thing I find interesting is that I sold a fairfield property for $16,940 through their company. It was 154,000 points, and using your formula above I guess I received .11 cents per point. And I checked it out with the resort I was deeded through, there were selling the packages at .14 cents a point.

Also, Seabreeze Advertising is not a real estate agent or broker, they are licensed mortgage broker. Completely different. They finance buyers, real estate brokers cannot do that. Which I am very aware of the limitiations, because I am also a licensed real estate agent (from years ago). I couldnt even begin to find a way to try and market these things myself. Its not like I can go and put a sign in the front yard or the resort!

Hope this info helps.

Kristen C.
Jun 19, 2007

kristenc35 wrote:
Well, one thing I find interesting is that I sold a fairfield property for $16,940 through their company. It was 154,000 points, and using your formula above I guess I received .11 cents per point. And I checked it out with the resort I was deeded through, there were selling the packages at .14 cents a point.

Hope this info helps.

Shill for this upfront fee company. Sellers beware of this person.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 19, 2007

kristenc35 wrote:
Also, Seabreeze Advertising is not a real estate agent or broker, they are licensed mortgage broker. Completely different. They finance buyers, real estate brokers cannot do that. Which I am very aware of the limitiations, because I am also a licensed real estate agent (from years ago).

Why would a mortgage broker be selling timeshares? Mortgage companies, loan companies and banks will not make loans on timeshares. The reason, there can't be a value placed on a timeshare such as there is on a home as can be witnessed by the many different prices you see for the same timeshare in the marketplace.

Quote:
I couldnt even begin to find a way to try and market these things myself. Its not like I can go and put a sign in the front yard or the resort! Hope this info helps.

That's what timeshare classified ad sites like Redweek are for. If you were once in real estate you should know how to write a simple classified ad and post it on an internet site that reaches millions of people for a small fee. Does SeaBreeze Advertising charge an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to list a timeshare?

R P.
Jun 19, 2007

Barnum was right about the suckers?

I think a mortgage company may need to sell some T/S. They may be stuck with many when the owners can no longer pay it off because of the high developer prices they paid.....like 14 cents per point.

Will Seabreeze also finance the mortgages of prospective buyers? If they are aware of real estate values, would they give a loan on a Fairfield/Wyndham point purchase at 12 cents a point? I guess they might if the interest rate was right.

It seems like lending $500,000 on a $50,000 dollar house. Or doesn't that matter?

Kenneth K.
Jun 30, 2007

Seabreeze is a joke to anyone with at least partial mental capacity! Craig of Seabreeze is doing his best to hound me into donating $903.00 to sell my timeshare in Colorado. He said he was sure they could get $9,500.00 for me. I said I would sell it to him for $7000.00 and he could resell it for the $9500.00 and have a $2500.00 profit... He wasn't interested..LOL I did the timeshare resale thing with century 21st in Florida 10 years ago and got "0" for my $487.00 "FEE" BEWARE of the scammeys in life!

Walt G.
Jun 30, 2007

kekouri wrote:
I think a mortgage company may need to sell some T/S. They may be stuck with many when the owners can no longer pay it off because of the high developer prices they paid.....

Again .... mortgage companies, loan companies and banks will not finance timeshares. A person can take out a PERSONAL loan using collateral such as a home or car but they cannot finance a timeshare. See my post above as to why those institutions do not finance timeshares.

There's only one compnay that I am aware of that finances timeshares (Tammac) and they charge a whopping percentage rate to do so.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 30, 2007 07:14 AM

Aug 14, 2007

sheilaswanger4 wrote:
I opened an account to sell or rent my timeshare 03/06. It's been over a year and no one has called. I couldn't find my timeshare on their site. I called today and was told how sorry they were that no one has gotten in touch. I also found out no one was really working on selling or renting my timeshare. A, Aubrey Mastan, manager informed me that she would get her best sellers working on my property. Isn't it funny how many calls you receive when they are trying to get you to go with company? Is there anything we can do?

Marsha N.
Aug 31, 2007

Jackie from Seabreeze has contacted me about selling my timeshare in St. Augustine Beaqch, Fl. I have two weeks, they want $828.00 up front to sell, she just left me a message that she "had someone interested " in the St. Augustine Beach area and would appreciate the courtesy of a return call. She has also invited me to their office to meet her (I am in Fl). She said their sales are guaranteed.... Any thoughts?

Laddie D.
Aug 31, 2007

sheilaswanger4 wrote:

If they charge an upfront fee, don't do it. You'll more than likely never hear from them again and you'll be out several hunderd dollars.

R P.
Sep 01, 2007

laddied wrote:
Jackie from Seabreeze has contacted me about selling my timeshare in St. Augustine Beaqch, Fl. I have two weeks, they want $828.00 up front to sell, she just left me a message that she "had someone interested " in the St. Augustine Beach area and would appreciate the courtesy of a return call. She has also invited me to their office to meet her (I am in Fl). She said their sales are guaranteed.... Any thoughts?

Laddied....!!

From your above post, can I assume that this is your first time on the site?

From your question; "Any Thoughts?", it would appear that you have never read any posts or threads, of the many here, pertaining to Upfront Fees.

I am not sure that you really want our thoughts, on that question. But, the answer is "NO". If you pay the $828.00, say bye-bye! Or, you can send me $10 and I will sell it as fast as they will......which is never! But you will have saved yourself $818.00

They have no "interested parties"; they have no buyers. What they do have is alot of "suckers" who will pay them $828.00.

Spend some on here and read the various threads.

Jon S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.