Jun 01, 2007

How far in advance do you have to start searching for an RCI trade? Never been to Hawaii, do you need A/C in late April, early May? Banking a 2 bedroom 2 bath Ocean Front in Myrtle Beach. Would it be easier to get a 1 bedroom at Sands vs 2 bedroom? thanks.

Bonnie P.
Jun 30, 2007

[I've been in November and was fine. There are ceiling fans which do a good job of circulating air. Sometimes gets warm in the afternoon with sun coming in windows, but there are screens around lani so breezes come in. I'm told it can get hot in summer sometimes when the trade winds aren't coming from the North, but I'd think April would be fine. I don't know about exchanges. I own at the SOK because I love it there and can't imagine exchanging.

Judy L.

Last edited by judy1372 on Jun 30, 2007 10:05 AM

Nov 03, 2007

I think that you need to start looking for a trade to SOK pretty early. I have been told that it is pretty hard to get. I also own 3 units there and would not even think about trading any of them!!!! If I don't use some of the units, then I just rent them out! They usually bring a pretty good price compared to what I would get in trade!

I have been to SOK in Feb, Mar, Apr, May, and June and have never needed air conditioning when staying there. In fact, at night, we usually have to pull up the covers, even in June! I have heard that occasionally the trade winds might settle down and it might get a little warm, but I have never heard of any problem from my clients, even in August!

Steve F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.