Aug 31, 2007

Does anybody know what kind of industrial plant that is right next to the resort? What are the health risks?

Mike L.
Sep 17, 2007

We have been intently watching for a good resale price at the Ko Olina Beach Club.. I did not know of the power plant ?? I googled it and quickly came up with the below statement. I also looked at the on-line paper and see thei is a landfill and a power plant.

any body with info?

"The Hawaii Department of Health has filed a complaint and order against Asia Pacific Environmental Technology, doing business as Hawaii Medical Vitrification (HMV). The complaint alleges that, among other things, HMV stored excessive amounts of untreated infectious medical waste at the HMV facility in Kapolei, Oahu, and violated the state''s solid waste rules. The Department of Health imposed a penalty of $60,270."

Candice B.
Oct 28, 2007

Its a power plant. Just do a Google on "AES Barbers Point Power Plant". It located in an area caled Barbers Point. The ships that come and go are providing fuel for the plant.

But I've stayed at Ko Olina several times and have never had any issues or smelled anying coming from the plant. When you consider Waikiki with its noise, cars and drunks. Ko Olina is is so much better!!!

M G.
Mar 04, 2008

mikel198 We have stayed at the Ko Olina three times and have even been to the beach by the power plant. I wouldn't say it is right next door and you don't even know it's there. You can't hear, see or smell it. As for a health risk I am sure that Marriott would have thoroughly checked that out before investing in two resorts in hat area.

David

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.