Point Systems

Hilton Grand Vacation Club Points

Aug 26, 2010

Hi lauries207!

If your points expire on 12/31/2010, you can "rescue" them (save them to then next year, which prevents expiration) by calling Owner Services at (800) 932-4482, ext. 3144. They'll be glad to help you!

Sincerely,

Mike Kennedy Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Mike K.
Aug 26, 2010

Hi Jennifer!

You can also borrow points from next year at no charge. Just call Owner Services at (800) 932-4482, ext. 3144.

Sincerely,

Mike Kennedy Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Mike K.
Aug 26, 2010

Oops! I read too quickly. Your points are from 2008, so they can't be rescued again. You could deposit them with RCI to use at other resorts. (800) 932-4482, ext. 4444.

Regards,

Mike Kennedy Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Mike K.
Aug 27, 2010

Thanks Mike, I can deposit rescued points?? I was told they can only be used at HGVC resorts. I have 1200 points left, and most people shopping on Redweek want more time. I wish there was a resort in Monterey area I could use. I might use them at Carlsbad this Fall. It's good to know RCI is an option. Thanks again, Laurie

Laurie S.
Aug 28, 2010

Laurie,

You are correct! You can only deposit current points with RCI, not rescued points. I'm new with Hilton and and am excited to help. Sorry about that. I've asked the experts and they agree that using your 1,200 points at Carlsbad would be your best option.

Mike

Mike K.
Aug 29, 2010

BTW, according to the HGVC website "Rescued" points can ONLY be used at their "affiliated" resorts. That tells me they are no longer any good at the regular HGVC resorts that most HGVC Club members own. If anybody knows better, please advise.

Bryan H.
Mar 30, 2011

I do not own a timeshare with HGVC, however, I am looking into it. Can someone please explain to me in detail how the points system works and how ownership works. I.e. is it deeded ownership? What are rescued points? What are points worth? When do points have to be used by? Are their any restrictions to seasons for travel? Can points be exchanged for airfare? Are their booking fees? How much are the fees - what are the annual maintenance fees like? etc

I need all the info you can provide.

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea H.
Mar 31, 2011

andreah167 wrote:
I do not own a timeshare with HGVC, however, I am looking into it. Can someone please explain to me in detail how the points system works and how ownership works. I.e. is it deeded ownership? What are rescued points? What are points worth? When do points have to be used by? Are their any restrictions to seasons for travel? Can points be exchanged for airfare? Are their booking fees? How much are the fees - what are the annual maintenance fees like? etc

I need all the info you can provide.

Thanks!

Andrea

Have you checked out this forum?

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Lance C.
Jul 26, 2012

I'm a new HGVC owner and want to maximize our use. Can anyone explain if it is possible to purchase another owner's points? Thank you.

C B.
Dec 22, 2012

Scam alert. Don't ever pay anyone upfront money to rent your points. It's a scam. Your money and the scammers will disappear right before your eyes.

Don P.
Dec 27, 2012

Hi

Please send me the points user guide + the levies ofr HGVC for 7000 points Khalil Kharwa@vodamail.co.za

Khalil K.
Aug 20, 2015

I own at HGVC in Sunrise Park City Utah, week 40, silver. How do you go about figuring what you can purchase in Open Season... Do I have to get something that is a silver week? Confused

Ann C.
Aug 05, 2016

I'm currently a MVC owner, looking to buy HGVC points to join. Any help to understand HGVC would help. What are the annual fees, exchange fees, etc? For example, if I had 10,000 points what would it cost me annually, then how long a stay would that get me in Hawaii as an example.

Also, if anyone knows how much Hilton would charge to enroll the 10,000 points so that they can be used. For example, I know MVC makes it nearly impossible to make use of resale point, charging a fixed fee for every 125 purchased to enroll, then puts limitations on them. I don't know what HGVC would charge or what the limitations would be.

Thank you!

William S.
Aug 25, 2016

Hello did you receive the 8400 points into your account? How does it work to exchange from one HGV to another?

Carmen M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.