Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

anyone dealt with betterbusinesstravel.org?

Jul 01, 2008

i'm thinking about selling or renting my timeshare. i got a call from betterbusinesstravel.org sometime ago. they are asking for a fee upfront and i know that's bad. but they also say i can cancel the listing with them at anytime and would get a refund. they also say that they will guarantee my timeshare to be rented in 6 months (i didn't ask about selling). they also promised to put that in written contract - however, they are only sending the contracts AFTER i pay the fee. now, that's fishy to me.

i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? i searched on this and other similar forums and couldn't really find any complaints about them. i googled too. the only thing i could find is a similar question like mine on another forum. but no real answers were on that post either.

their reports on BBB also seems ok. there are few complaints but all are resolved by the company.

so...anyone?

Cheri H.
Jul 02, 2008

cherih26 states: >> ...they are asking for a fee upfront... ...they also say i can cancel the listing with them at anytime and would get a refund... ... they also say that they will guarantee my timeshare to be rented in 6 months.... ...they also promised to put that in written contract - however, they are only sending the contracts AFTER i pay the fee...<< ==================================================

Talk is cheap. You see the actual content of the contract only AFTER paying a fee??? Nonsense. Run, run away...

Any verbal "guaranty" of a rental is more nonsense. NO ONE can ever "guaranty" you a rental. Run, run away...

Empty verbal promises of a "refund" is more nonsense. Upfront fee parasites like this are not in business to give out "refunds" under ANY circumstances --- upfront fees is their source of income. Run, run away...

You can sell or rent on your own with a little effort and very little "out of pocket" money spent. Why waste time even TALKING with thieving parasites like this?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 02, 2008 04:08 AM

Jul 02, 2008

Never ever pay a company an upfront fee to list your timeshare .... they are scams no matter how many lies they tell you. There has never been a confirmed report on any internet timeshare forum site that an upfront fee resale company has sold/rented any timeshare.

They probably also told you that they could get mega bucks for your rental and that people were waiting in line to rent your exact timeshare. Bottom line, all they want is your upfront fee.

R P.
Jul 02, 2008

thanks all for replying!! :)

i knew somethin' wasn't right. but then i thought i'd get some crowd wisdom anyhow.

Cheri H.
Jan 19, 2009

BBT also gets you by not advertising your property UNLESS you call them every 90 days and renew the whole contract!! I just found out my property hasn't been advertised in over a year! No wonder......

Robin A.
Jan 19, 2009

I have not heard a word from BBT since they got my cr. card info! They just want your $$.

Robin A.
Nov 17, 2009

I fell for their scam. I paid them their fee. I never received and any info where they advertised my timeshare. I have not been able to get anyone on the phone at the customer service number either. I learned by being DUMB!!!

Bonnie H.
Nov 17, 2009

JUST SAY NO!! THEY ARE ONLY WANTING YOUR CR. CARD INFO. TRUST ME! YOU'LL NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.

I TRIED REPORTING THEM, AND BECAUSE OF THE "FINE PRINT" THAT STATES YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THEM EVERY SO OFTEN...THEY BEAT THE RAP.

YOU ARE BETTER OFF DONATING YOUR WEEK OR PTS. TO CHARITY NOWADAYS.

WE DECIDED TO JUST KEEP OURS. TOO BAD WE CAN'T ALL SWAP AROUND ON WEBSITES LIKE THIS! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL...

Robin A.
Nov 17, 2009

SUBMIT IN WRITING YOUR COMPLAINT TO:

FLA. DEPT. OF AG. & CONSUMER SERV. DIV. OF CONSUMER SERV. 2005 APALACHEE PKWY. TALLAHASSEE, FL. 32399-6500

MAYBE IF THEY HEAR FROM ENOUGH OF US, THEY'LL SHUT 'EM DOWN!! GOOD LUCK!!

Robin A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.