Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Resales Buy Owner.com, Inc

Jul 02, 2008

Has anyone had experience with Resales Buy Owner.com Inc. in South Daytona, FL? This is a listing and outside promotions company. Are they legit or another company to just take your up-front money?

James B.
Jul 04, 2008

It has been my experience to NEVER front money when selling - my daughter did this and lost her cash.

Karen C.
Jul 04, 2008

james2460 wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Resales Buy Owner.com Inc. in South Daytona, FL? This is a listing and outside promotions company. Are they legit or another company to just take your up-front money?

As karen said above, all upfront fee resale companies want ONLY your upfront fee .... the are out and out scams ... ultra low on the food chain.

R P.
Jul 05, 2008

karenc428 wrote:
It has been my experience to NEVER front money when selling - my daughter did this and lost her cash.
What company did she use ? How long ago was it. Did she use someone in Florida? Was it ResalesbuyOwner Please let me know.I would/. appreciate it. I need to sell my timeshare and I don'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST.pLEASE EMAIL ME AT debwms1111@sbcglobal.net as soon as possibleif you can. Thank you.

Deborah W.
Jul 05, 2008

james2460 wrote:
Have you heard about this company. Please let me knw if you have. I need to know ther same thing. debwms1111@sbcglobal.net .I know they have a licenecewith Florida.and their office is next to the police station I was told. I don't know that for a true fact.

Deborah W.
Jul 06, 2008

deborahw153 wrote:
Have you heard about this company. Please let me knw if you have. I need to know ther same thing. debwms1111@sbcglobal.net .I know they have a licenecewith Florida.and their office is next to the police station I was told. I don't know that for a true fact.

If they ask for an upfront fee then DO NOT list with them, period, unless you have money to throw away. After they get your upfront fee they have ZERO incentive to sell anything.

Upfront fee resale companies are skirting the law by calling themselves timeshare advertisers .... they do not have a real estate license and if they did they would not be able to collect an upfront fee before selling .... they would have to take the fee after they sell like in any real estate market. They may have an advertising license, but they do not have a legitimate real estate license.

Their being located next door to a police station has absolutely nothing to do with their integrity and how many lies they may tell prospective clients. To investigate upfront fee resale company scams you would have to contact the attorney general's office in the state where the company is located.

R P.
Jul 07, 2008

While in Orlando last week my idiot husband purchased a timeshare. Does anyone know of a legal way to get out of this. Please respond ASAP cause the first payment is due on the 28th of this month.

Appreciate any ideas, offers and advice.

CV

Cathy V.
Jul 08, 2008

cathyv37 states / asks: >>While in Orlando last week my idiot husband purchased a timeshare. Does anyone know of a legal way to get out of this. Please respond ASAP cause the first payment is due on the 28th of this month. Appreciate any ideas, offers and advice.<< ===============================================

With due respect, your "idiot husband" could not execute and sign a valid contract without YOU also voluntarily signing that very same contract too. If you are lawfully married and he signed a contract without you, then you can challenge the validity of that contract (and win) but you will likely need an attorney to represent you to do so.

Your reference to "last week" is not sufficiently specific. By law, you have 7 days (in Florida) to rescind (cancel) that contract. Sundays don't count, Saturdays do. I'm not certain how holidays are regarded under Florida law, but holidays MIGHT (repeat MIGHT) not count in the 7 days. If you are still within that time period, follow the cancellation instructions printed right on the contract, as they must be, by law. Phone calls and emails are NOT legally adequate substitutes for following EXACTLY the cancellation instructions on the contract --- your cancellation must be in writing, sent by mail, and it must be POSTMARKED within the 7 day rescission period provided by law (time deadlines vary from state to state, but it's 7 days for Florida). With no disrespect intended, those cancellation instructions were already provided --- printed right there on the back of the contract (including on the day when signed). If the contract wasn't even reviewed within a whole WEEK after signing it, and the cancellation deadline has now already passed, there is really no one else to blame at this juncture. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 08, 2008 07:02 AM

Jul 08, 2008

If it is still within the 7 day rescission period then send the letter by USPS certified mail with return receipt. It's the USPS time stamp that counts, not when the letter reaches the resort. Sundays and government holidays do not count within the 7 day period.

However, you posted here July 7 and you said the week was purchased the week before July 7, so I'm not sure if your rescission period is still valid .... check your contract.

Say you purchased Wed July 2, then that would leave you until July 11 to rescind, with the 4th being a holiday and the following Sunday.

You don't have to write a long letter .... all you have to do is write that you have changed your mind and that you want to rescind the contract giving the details of the purchase .... good luck and get that letter in the mail ASAP if you are still within the rescission period.

R P.
Jul 11, 2008

I'm trying to find my ad number Mystic Dumes Resort & Golf Club Kissimmee, Flordia It has been on the market since March and Known has been staying contack me.

Kathleen C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 11, 2008 02:09 PM

Jul 11, 2008

kathleenc164 wrote:
I'm trying to find my ad number Mystic Dumes Resort & Golf Club Kissimmee, Flordia It has been on the market since March and Known has been staying contack me.

Your post above will more than likely be deleted as advertising your timeshare on the forums, but to answer your question, Orlando and the surrounding area is over-saturated with timeshare resorts.

Even though Mystic Dunes is a nice resort, you will not get on the resale market anywhere near what you paid the developer. You'll be lucky to get 20% to 30% of what you initially paid, IF someone is interested at all. Try lowering you price each week until you start getting some emails.

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 11, 2008 02:08 PM

Jul 11, 2008

Kathleen, your posting is not on RedWeek.com so we aren't able to help you. I would suggest that you contact the company that has your timeshare listed.

Thank you, Marty

kathleenc164 I'm trying to find my ad number Mystic Dumes Resort & Golf Club Kissimmee, Flordia It has been on the market since March and Known has been staying contack me.

Marty F
Jun 05, 2009

I had an awesome experience with resales buy owner. They listed my westgate property, yes it took longer than the 90 days, but I had a lot of points. So I entered into the getaway week program, those started selling and the a buyer took all of my points for more than I expected. I was hesitant at first, but glad I did.

Ron T.
Jun 05, 2009

Tru statement, They had an excellent report from the attorny general. I spent a total of 7956usd to market my westgate and getaways. In return I recieved over 100,000. I would say thats a good investment.

Ron T.
Jun 05, 2009

ront92 wrote:
Tru statement, They had an excellent report from the attorny general. I spent a total of 7956usd to market my westgate and getaways. In return I recieved over 100,000. I would say thats a good investment.

Let me get this straight .... you spent $7,956 for Resales By Owner to market your Westgate ownership and then received over $100,000 in return. This sounds very fishy (totally unrealistic) to me.

I smell a shill for the company mentioned above.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 05, 2009 07:39 AM

Jun 05, 2009

With all due respect for the many fine folks in Florida, I've heard through my own re-sale nightmare experience that the laws in Florida are 'different,' and any timeshare re-sale offers originating in Florida should be a red flag.

Mary J.
Jun 06, 2009

To update my blog in June 2008. The results with Resales By Owner are NOT good. They have done absolutely nothing and won't even return my phone calls. BEWARE!! Money "down-the-drain". As long as we're on the subject of timeshares, be aware of these companies that the owner pays to take the timeshares off their hands. They are full of scams too. Will post more later on this.

James B.
Jun 24, 2009

I have also been contacted by this company. My question is, has anyone else had experience with this particular company?

What we need to see within this forum, are comments from people who have had successful experiences with tine share resellers as well as horror stories. To read the posts (with one exception) we would think that time shares never sell at all.

Before I fill out the "quitclaim deed" and just let it go, or loose my $750, I'd like to find out who actually, legitimately sells time shares.

My seven day "get out of the contract" period starts today....6/24...

Monroe P.
Jun 24, 2009

monroep wrote:
What we need to see within this forum, are comments from people who have had successful experiences with tine share resellers as well as horror stories. To read the posts (with one exception) we would think that time shares never sell at all.
The reason why you never read the success stories is because they usually never happen. Most people who pay up front fees to these companies never sell their TS and never hear from the company again. The only "sale" read in this thread was by someone who sold Westgate for $100,000. I'd like some to tell me on any Westgate that is worth that much on the resale market.

Quote:
Before I fill out the "quitclaim deed" and just let it go, or loose my $750, I'd like to find out who actually, legitimately sells time shares.
Are you signing a quitclaim deed to give the TS back to the resort? Is the resort willing to accept the quitclaim deed? If the resort, or other grantee, does not accept the quitclaim deed, then you still own the TS. You cannot use a quitclaim deed to arbitrarily assign property to another person.

Quote:
My seven day "get out of the contract" period starts today....6/24...

Get out and start listing your TS yourself. All these upfront fee companies will do is list your TS on their website anyway.

In addition to RedWeek, the other popular sites are: TUG, My Resort Network, bidshares, Vacation Timeshare Rentals, craigslist, and eBay.

These sites have either no or very minimal fees to post an ad. There are some companies that will sell your TS on a commission basis, but the commissions are not cheap. One place I knew would take 15%-20% with a minimum of $1500.

There are thousands of timeshares on the market. Do the research and price it very competitively. RedWeek and TUG has bargain basement sections. If you own at a popular resort during a peak season, you should be able to sell you TS even if it for a minimal amount.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jun 24, 2009 05:24 AM

Jun 30, 2009

I posted my TS on Craigslist and got a response from someone who said they sold theirs on Resales Buy Owner. I don't know if her comments were just part of the scam. Spoke to someone last night from Resales Buy Owner. The song and dance is that they can sell my Sedona TS in 3 months because of low inventory in that area. $950 up front! Like others have posted, I'd like some proof that this really happens.

Gail R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.