Silver Lakes Vacation Club

BE CAREFUL OF SILVER LAKES VACATION CLUB

May 08, 2015

We made one week reservation through afvc. I read the reviews but they appeared to be old so I thought it would be ok. When we arrived we were asked for the $50 fee for amenities. We knew about that and were prepared to pay. Then he wanted $50 cleaning fee I pointed out our confirmation said that applied to stays less than 7 nights. He said he didn't care and called his boss who said pay it or leave. I said that didn't seem right and the guy at the desk got very abusive and yelled at us to get out of his office. He threatened to kick our 'asses'. I am 71 and my husband is 73.How classy is that? My husband tried asking him why he was acting that way but I got scared and we left. We did NOT stay there. He used the f-bomb several times. What a mistake we made deciding to come here.

Jimmie D.
May 19, 2019

Randy I would like to know how to get out of my silverlake contract. Deb

Debra A.
May 19, 2019

SLVC is under a State Cease and Desist Order. That means they cannot collect any funds, nor can they sell. The owner, (Manager), does NOT hold a California State Real Estate License. You can email Joseph Aiu, with the State Real Estate Dept. at Joseph.Aiu@dre.ca.gov. We went to court with against them, and we did not win in Court because we failed to check with the State about his License. They send us HO fee statements every year, and we were advised by the state to not pay them anything. Also they lost a huge civil court case on 12 points of fraud. BJF

Louis F.
Jul 02, 2019

What a fiasco! The office was being remodeled and it had no sign about where was the temporary office to go to. Therefore, we had to call the manager whom by the way does not like receiving phone calls. My family and I stayed for one night at this horrendous place. Our getaway experience became a total nightmare. The unprofessional, rude, and unethical so called manager(it must be the owner) yelled at my wife on the phone not once, but twice. On June 28,2019 just last Friday my wife called to confirm our reservation for the next day. The manager yelled at her requesting for some documents. We had booked thru RCI. My wife tried having a professional attitude after "Ricky", the manager stated with an unprofessional tone and attitude that he reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Right away my wife called RCI and they stated the Silver Lakes Mission Villas manager could not deny my family of our right to enjoy our timeshare and to call them from the Mission Villas's Lobby if we had any issues. We arrived for our one night stay and were charged $50.00 twice, one for amenities and another for $50.00 housekeeping fees. We were asked to take the thrash out and to wash our dishes. We paid and proceeded to go to the unit assigned to us. My wife called the manger once my children were ready to go for a swim. The manager stated the following:"we are remodeling and RCI has been notified of it. Then my wife asked how about the tennis courts? Then the manager stated they were also being remodeled. My wife stated then I have to hang up to let my children know. Later on, my wife called the manager to ask about the third party offering WI FI (they took our money and failed to provide us with their service), to let him know some stuff was broken and the fact that someone had been smoking in the suite's baht room. The manager could not longer hold it. He started screaming, yelling, and ranting. He got really unprofessional, unethical and condescending. It became a nightmare. My wife put him on speaker because she could not handle his screaming. Somehow, our older daughter whom was in the other bedroom heard the yelling my wife was being subject to and intervened ending the phone conversation by saying the following:"Have a good night, ha ha, ha". The manager involved my daughter now in his ranting and my wife hanged up after telling him she had witnesses for his unprofessional attitude towards his customers. He called my wife three times from an unknown caller phone. She never answered. Worst thing of them all my wife has proof that he does not collect the $50.00 mandatory amenities fee, neither the $50.00 housekeeping fees from everyone staying less than a week at this horrible place. Mind this, the property is in the middle of nowhere and you pay for amenities that are unavailable to you. My wife shared with RCI customer service on Friday about the telephonic reservation confirmation and was assured that we would only be denied the right to stay at this place only and only if more than six people showed up. Is there anything we can do at this point?

Carlos L.
Sep 01, 2020

I recently saw your post about SLVC and realize it's more than a year old. Yearly, I pay their maintenance fee, I don't want legal action from them and have my credit score damages. Didn't realize they were under State Cease and Desist Order. I am wondering how they can continue to take the maintenance fee and threaten members with collection and legal cost for non-payment, the only reason for paying their fee. I have tried selling my 2 separate weeks through their office, no luck and inquired about the buy back program which cost $3995 for each week, not giving them that much more to take my weeks back.

If you are not paying the maintenance fee as of August 2020, are they threating you with legal action and collections. I have felt like I was scammed by them and would like give SLVC their two weeks back. Any current information you have on SLVC would be appreciated. Also, emailing Joseph Aiu for current stats on them.

Susan B.
Sep 07, 2020

I think most of the owner would like to get out of their contract. Joseph Aui with CA DRE replied in email response "you must deal with the timeshare association and its conditions for cancellations - i.e.. deep-back, surrender in-lieu of foreclosure, etc. The DRE does not have jurisdiction over timeshare associations". At this point, I would pay SLVC association Return Program fee of $3900 if they are still offering it. Has anyone had recent contact with the office at SLVC. Called them many times, No answer and No call back. Are they still in business, closed temporary due to Covid or Closed for any reason. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Susan B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 07, 2020 12:39 PM

Oct 15, 2020

If SLVC is under a State Cease and Desist Order why do they continue to send out maintenance fee billing? I was told Cease and Desist Order means they cannot collect any funds, nor can they sell.

I just recieved my bill and it has a Special Membership Termination statement for Limited Offer on first come basis. What is going on. I was not included in the lawsuit that was settled for 1 million in 2017 and now I feel totally left out of what is going on. Does anyone know?

Shaye R.
Jan 30, 2021

We are having the same issue. It's actually my parents time share and I've been trying to get out of it for 2 years. Finally when the last notice came to them the end of December. I started calling. Finally getting a hold of William Bunch who told me that we would have to pay $194.00 fee to get paperwork started to cancel the time share then a Release Fee of $2,950.00. Wow, He was beyond rude, threatened me personally and went on to tell me that if my parents didn't pay that their social security would be garnished. Please let me know if anyone would like to work with me to get these timeshares released. Many Thanks, Melissa

shaye2 wrote:
If SLVC is under a State Cease and Desist Order why do they continue to send out maintenance fee billing? I was told Cease and Desist Order means they cannot collect any funds, nor can they sell.

I just recieved my bill and it has a Special Membership Termination statement for Limited Offer on first come basis. What is going on. I was not included in the lawsuit that was settled for 1 million in 2017 and now I feel totally left out of what is going on. Does anyone know?

Melissa L.
Feb 10, 2021

Did you happen to get your Time Share resolved?

Melissa L.
Feb 10, 2021

Try a two Million settlement not one million. You can't get help because of settlement.

Ben D.
Mar 16, 2022

Hello, We are having the same issues with them. Have you been able to get anything resolved?

Shari A.
Mar 19, 2022

The original lawsuit was settled for a bit less than 1 Million. I was under the impression that a second group of owners got with the same lawyer and did a second suit. Is that what you're mentioning?

Kris K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.