Silver Lakes Vacation Club

BE CAREFUL OF SILVER LAKES VACATION CLUB

Dec 13, 2008

The worst condition and gimmie more money I have ever seen. Search the WWW for a lot of more sorry users. I have been given the shaft by them after I gave them my money.

L B.
Dec 30, 2008

I recently went to the resort as a guest stayed on the property talked with management and had no problems with them. Yes they are undergoing changes but they have already spent quite a bit of money rebuilding the units and the new California Villas and you know what I became an owner and I was treated very well, I think change is in the wind and here is where it is going to happen.

Art P.
Dec 31, 2008

lb101 wrote:
The worst condition and gimmie more money I have ever seen. Search the WWW for a lot of more sorry users. I have been given the shaft by them after I gave them my money.

Run for the hills, this guy does not tell you the quarter of it. If your stuck with one of these moldy figs, contact Randy @805-456-3938 and find help and relief. Justice will be done!!!! I am in court with Silver Lakes Vacation Club Jan 7 2009 at 8:30am Victorville, Ca. Come see how the justice system works and what happens to bate and switch and I did not get served in front of the judge with no since of humor. My guess is they will not even show up just like last time. Thats ok, I need the judgement to save my credit and show who owes who.

Randy D.
Dec 31, 2008

artp12 wrote:
I recently went to the resort as a guest stayed on the property talked with management and had no problems with them. Yes they are undergoing changes but they have already spent quite a bit of money rebuilding the units and the new California Villas and you know what I became an owner and I was treated very well, I think change is in the wind and here is where it is going to happen.

Nice try Silver Lakes/Mission Villa's You could have something nice, but you choose to be nasty and do illegal things to extort money from old Seniors who are on fixed income and no longer can trade what they bought because of deception and rule changes unless they pay pay pay and then still get ripped off. If your not from Silver Lakes then your on RCI points and you paid TOO MUCH. Your sorrow is in the future and you just don't know it. I can hook you up with 50 others who can set you straight on how unfun/nightmareish dealing with these clowns can be.

Randy D.
Jan 01, 2009

Silver Lakes Vacation Club has sent me invitations to upgrade to the new Mission Villas. I decided to drive by to see if the newly renamed units were any better, and consider if an upgrade is worth it. They looked nice from the outside. I drove by the back and found someone packing their car getting ready to check out. I asked how their vacation was. They replied that Silver Lakes is a nice peaceful place to come. I then asked how the new units were. They replied that the units looked good inside, however, they felt it was not as advertised in RCI. A big disappointment to what they looked forward to. They said the units were advertised to sleep six, but they did not like the arrangement! The only way to sleep six was for three adults to occupy each of the two beds. They expected laundry to be on the site, but did not find any and had to go over to the laundry in the shopping center. They did not like using the same bath towel all week. Could not get a change. The units were to be cleaned mid-week, but were not. They also commented that all TV stations advertised were not viewable. They felt ripped off because they have had much better facilities for the same number of points elsewhere. They expected more from RCI. They felt this resort should not be part of RCI. From what they told me, that I could get a much higher class of resort for the same points and cost, I will pass on the upgrade offer.

L B.

Last edited by lb101 on Jan 01, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 01, 2009

you must be part of the sales' team to write something like that.

Dominique M.
Apr 15, 2009

I have been a long time owner of a Silver Lakes time share. Do you know anything about the $1,500 assesment to up grade the units? I was told that the only units that were upgraded were the new ones part of the new club. The old members can't use the new units. Let me know I am thinking about filing a law suit against them. Thanks, Dave

David M.
Apr 20, 2009

Dave if your not part of Advocates for Truth at Silverlakes yet? call and leave your contact info at 805-456-3938 we are going to stop the illegal stuff at Silver Lakes Vacation Club & Mission Villa Scam.

davidm1032 wrote:
I have been a long time owner of a Silver Lakes time share. Do you know anything about the $1,500 assesment to up grade the units? I was told that the only units that were upgraded were the new ones part of the new club. The old members can't use the new units. Let me know I am thinking about filing a law suit against them. Thanks, Dave

Randy D.
May 11, 2009

We bought a unit there because it is close to my daughter's home in Hesperia so it has worked out well. However, they do try to get you to upgrade. Timeshares are having a bit of a problem now with people who don't pay the maintenance. We have enjoyed the facilities. We have found it clean and decent. I love the skylight. We like both the pools, the big one up on the hill near the country club and the small one at the sales office. Kids & grandkids enjoyed the tennis court.

I haven't exchanged my unit there so I don't know that much about points. I do know that it is very hard to get 2 bedroom units in California and you can there.

I own a 1 bedroom, but they let me upgrade it to 2 BR for an additional fee. They have let me roll 2 years together and take both weeks at the same time.

Many go there for golfing, I don't so I don't know about the golf course. That is old Rt. 66 and historic. Calico, a ghost town amusement area is near there as is the desert. Not a lot out there otherwise other than the lake if you have a pontoon boat. Bad is that there is no boat rental company there. Might be a nice small business. I think I did go to the laundry in the little village which is close enough for most to walk to (I am handicapped so I take the car). There is a little store there and several places to eat. Nothing fancy but good. They do try to get you to upgade and that is expensive but you can say no. What I was originally told and what I signed were slightly different as to the times I could use it, which is why I upgrades to use anytime. If you are interested in renting a week there, let me know. I dont remember if I used my week last year or if I have to bank it or rent it this year. I need to call to see. I haven't seen the newly remodeled units yet. I thought they were fine as they were. I live in Florida.

Carolyn W.
Aug 04, 2009

On 7-24-09 The Associates For Truth at Silver Lakes Vacation Club filed an 18 count law suit against SLVC. These are well researched and well documented counts and we fully expect to win our case. If you're interested in getting out of SLVC and would like more information about joining our group, you can go to http://www.aftslvc.com for more information.

We are a group of owners who have finally just had enough of the mishandling of the resort (enough the RCI actually pulled it from exchanges), overcharging of maintenance fees, illegal special assessments, and pressure tactics. Yes, the resort could again be a nice place but not with the current board and staff - they have proven over the last years to not be paying attantion at best and scamming at worst.

Kris K.
Oct 03, 2009

CHECK THE SIGNATURE ON YOUR CONTRACT. BET IT'S NOT YOURS!

Don D.
Apr 22, 2010

We inherited SLVC several years ago and when we went to see the place we were appalled. It is not appealing in any way. It is in the middle of nowhere. We were not treated well and not shown around. We have been trying to get out of this "gift inheritance" every since. Choose another place where you can enjoy the wonderful California experience along the coast or San Diego -- not SLVC!!!

Andrea C.
Jun 21, 2010

i would like to know what you had to do to take them to court because we are trying to do the same because we paid them and now we are not getting any sevice at all

Terra H.
Jun 21, 2010

If you want help, to take them to court, go to WWW.AFTSLVC.com. Join them is the easiest way for you to get results.

L B.
Jun 22, 2010

terrah8 wrote:
i would like to know what you had to do to take them to court because we are trying to do the same because we paid them and now we are not getting any sevice at all
Call and leave phone number at 805-456-3938 and we will call you if you need some help fighting William Don Bunch and his band of Extortionists. The Group at www.aftslvc.com is you best recourse ever!! We have found that numbers matter and they are going to win put Bunch where he belongs, its just a matter of time and we can wait....

Randy D.
Jul 29, 2011

Silver Lakes Vacation Club has filed for Bankruptcy in July 2011. (Riverside Federal Court # 6:11-bk-33951) There are many Silver Lakes Vacation Club members who just want out from under the control of ex-con William Bunch. Mr Bunch will not even let the members just give back ownership. Where has the money gone? It seems that Mr. Bunch, who controls Silver Lakes Vacation Club has filed for bankruptcy because Silver Lakes Vacation Club owes a half million dollars to WDB Marketing who is owned and controlled by William D. Bunch. How can you morally file for bankruptcy against yourself? Silver lakes Vacation Club also claims it owes another party , Reefland Estates, nearly a quarter million who has the same mailing address as Silver Lakes Vacation Club. Something seems fishy to me. If you are a member of SLVC you may want to get some true answers. I suggest you look at the sworn testimony of Mr. Bunch available at WWW.AFTSLVC.COM.

L B.
Jul 27, 2012

Yes- be careful!!! They are under a cease, desist and refrain order from the CA Department of Real Estate. According to the valid Public Report, they have both 2 br. and 1 br units. One should NOT have to pay anything extra for a 2br. This is NOT in the public report, nor on the contract. Bunch is not licensed with the state; neither is Terri Croan who signs the contracts. We're still filing complaints- have 4 of them out there right now.

Louis F.
Jul 15, 2014

I disagree with some of this. SLR is a VERY nice resort. We have been owners here since 1998. We have tried other resorts thru RCI. In trading, some other resorts are as good or nice too while we more often find others are not as nice as SLR. SLR has many daily activities for the kids such as pool games, tye dying, other misc crafts & fun things to do; a small store where you can purchase lunch, ice cream & other misc things; the cabana by the pool for drinks, lunch or a snack; there's shuffle board, tennis, basketball, a playground, they have a ice cream social time sometimes, Bingo poolside, Kareoke, DJ's.... the rooms are very nice & spacious although I will say, once we got the 1 bdrm lockout & that definitely is very small so you do certainly have to watch what you're picking. I'm not sure if all rooms have a washer & dryer but I know several do. As far as the towel exchange, I believe it's once per week (midweek) but can't recall for sure. I don't like people in our room anyway for fear something might be missing & that's anywhere, certainly not speculating anything about SLR. We are disappointed that when we became owners it was Gold Crown & has gone down to Silver but they are trying to get back to Gold status & either way, it is still a very nice resort with much to do. I'm sure there's more to mention but in a quick response to the negativity of this person, I disagree.

Jill J.
Jul 15, 2014

Since most of the items you listed were never available at Silver lakes Vacation Club and since your noted them as SLR, I think you're confusing the Silver Lakes Resort - same area, different place, with Silver Lakes Vacation Club which is now dong business as Mission Villas. I'm glad you're happy with it but it's not the same place.

Kris K.
Jul 15, 2014

I agree with Kris. You must have the wrong resort. Remember, they're under a "cease and desist" order from the CA Dept. of Real Estate for handing out fraudulent Public Reports, and lost a huge Court battle in 2012. Run, don't walk, from their "offers", of which there have been many in the past, to potential buyers, whose "offers" or "perks" to buy, were also frauds.

Louis F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.