Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

INCOMPLETE RESALE TRANSACTION WITH OWNER

Jan 05, 2009

Good afternoon - I met a great guy on Redweek who passed away before we completed our transaction for a sale of his Elysian St. Thomas week # 18 unit. His name was John Faeth. I have paid his asking price in full (cancelled check as my receipt) but I don't know who is handling his estate. Initially, when I contacted his wife on his cell phone but don't have any way to contact her to either get a refund or my deed. Any suggestion, ideas, friends, relatives, etc., please reach out to me to resolve this issue. 201-618-8138. Thank you.

Michelle F.
Jan 05, 2009

Go to the TUG forum (www.tugbbs.com). There are plenty of posts regarding Mr. Faeth. You may get some input as to how to proceed.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jan 05, 2009 01:59 PM

Jan 05, 2009

michellef127 wrote:
Good afternoon - I met a great guy on Redweek who passed away before we completed our transaction for a sale of his Elysian St. Thomas week # 18 unit. His name was John Faeth. I have paid his asking price in full (cancelled check as my receipt) but I don't know who is handling his estate. Initially, when I contacted his wife on his cell phone but don't have any way to contact her to either get a refund or my deed. Any suggestion, ideas, friends, relatives, etc., please reach out to me to resolve this issue. 201-618-8138. Thank you.

You may have a problem as John was handling closings on many resales when he passed!

You might go on Tug.Com and check it out because there has been a long running post from other people dealing with John's passing and being stuck in middle of a deal.

From what I read his exwife did try to help at first but now its pretty much dead issue.

Read all the post on John and his business and maybe get phone numbers or other help from others like yourself.

As nice as John was on these forums he was running his business off these timeshare forums and from my understanding it was a one man business with little backup.

This is the down side to working with someone on these forums because no matter how nice they seem you just don't know that much more than a name and these things can happen.

I do know from reading Tug that many have just moved on and re-sold or re-bought the unit they were dealing with at time of John's passing.

Good luck!

PHILL12

Phil L.
Jan 05, 2009

michellef127 wrote:
===============================================

This unfortunate topic has received a fair amount of discussion over on Timeshare Users Group, where John Faeth (a good and decent man by all accounts) was handling a number of transactions and closings (including many in which he was not involved as either buyer or seller). I suggest you log on at http://www.tug2.net, conduct a search with John's name and see what you might be able to glean from the many posts there on the subject. Good luck.

KC
Jan 06, 2009

michellef127 wrote:
Initially, when I contacted his wife on his cell phone but don't have any way to contact her to either get a refund or my deed. Any suggestion, ideas, friends, relatives, etc., please reach out to me to resolve this issue. 201-618-8138. Thank you.

Although she tried to help in the beginning, she and John were divorced so she wasn't privvy to his financial dealings, therefore there's no way she could have handled them.

Until the issue of his estate is settled, I'm afraid all monies and transactions will be in limbo. I feel very sorry for those people that trusted an individual to close their transactions. That's why I always advise people to choose a reputable closing company that has many employees, not just one individual.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.