Morritt's Tortuga Club

Morritt's Tortgua Club: Fees/charges?

Mar 02, 2013

We haven't ever been charged this fee. But there are certain times of the year they don't use bags to help the environment. Hope this helps.

Diana M.

Last edited by dianag51 on Mar 02, 2013 09:10 AM

Mar 13, 2013

what are the dress code for the retaurants is it dessy or casual and casual like jean capris ?

Geraldine K.
Mar 13, 2013

Casual wear is what we've always done.

Diana M.
Mar 13, 2013

If you worry about a few cents for a grocery bag you probable shouldn't bet going to the Caymans. Its an Island, everything is more expensive, gas is $5.75. Its no different than Hawaii and I have been there twice.

Philip E.
Mar 14, 2013

I don't think it is worrying about spending a few cents for a bag it's about information and knowledge about the island. I also have been to Maui and the gas was $7.00 a gal and milk was $5.00 a gal so I am well aware of island living! Just trying yo get the know before we go!

Geraldine K.
Mar 28, 2013

Wow! You all have given such great info! Taking everyone's advise and getting a car. And you spelled out the liquor and food options sooo clearly! Still questioning tax stuff.....rci.com shows a tourist tax of $10 and under it a government tax of $10 per day. Are these one and the same or is it a total of $20? -and- is it per person or per room charge?

Louise D.
Mar 29, 2013

The $10.00 a day tax is added to your Morritts bill. The airport charges a departure tax of like $25.00 but usually that's built into your ticket already. You might want to ask the airlines if they charged you this or is it due upon departing Cayman.

Diana M.
Mar 29, 2013

I tell yeah Cayman islmds is not a place I will return to. A lot of people I talked to while I was there said the same thing I wouldn't come back here but then there are people that have been going there year after year! Is there anyone else that wouldn't go back there?

Geraldine K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.