Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club

What does unit type "varies" mean?

Mar 17, 2009

I am confused. When you look at the type of unit available and it indicates "varies", what does this mean? Owners know what type of unit they own- mountain view, ocean view etc. So how can you indicate "varies"? Please help clarify this one for me!

Nadine S.
Jun 13, 2009

Owners at Ko Olina do not have any particular unit, we share in all the units. When we book we get an available unit that is equivalent to the one we own. Thus the view varies depending on the unit we get at time of booking.

Dodd P.
Sep 12, 2009

doddp2 wrote:
Owners at Ko Olina do not have any particular unit, we share in all the units. When we book we get an available unit that is equivalent to the one we own. Thus the view varies depending on the unit we get at time of booking.

That's not quite true. When owners reserve their week with Marriott, it will be within the view category that they purchased. So if the interval is deeded as a Mauka or mountain view, that is all you are allowed to book.

However, if you exchange into Ko Olina through Interval International (II), then you will receive the view that the owner deposited with the exchange company.

Although not permitted by II, some people attempt to rent weeks obtain via exchange and they may not know the view category that was deposited.

David H.

Last edited by kokonut on Sep 12, 2009 10:30 PM

Sep 16, 2009

It appears there is some confusion in how the Unit Type question is perceived. Although the actual unit "varies", the Unit Type (as correctly outlined by DEWNAY above) at Ko Olina is either Mountain View or Ocean View. These are the only two Unit Types sold at Ko Olina. One variance is that both of these unit types are also offered in Penthouse.

So to address the question about what “Varies” means in the Unit Type, either the person who input the listing does not know or they are confusing this with not being a fixed unit as some timeshares are sold.

James W.
Oct 10, 2009

How do I indicate in thebrief listing that our unit is a Penthouse unit? It really was bought as "mountain view" but the view of the golf course is what we find so pleasing.

Mel J.
Oct 10, 2009

madelinej4 wrote:
How do I indicate in thebrief listing that our unit is a Penthouse unit? It really was bought as "mountain view" but the view of the golf course is what we find so pleasing.

Hi Madeline,

You can add any additional information such as the view in the "Details" area of your posting.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 11, 2009

Madeline,

You can confirm the "View" you own by checking the villa codes. The easiest way I know is to logon to Interval International like you want to make an exchange (you don't really want to make the exchange), the codes are then listed by your units.

If you have occupied your home resort (assuming Ko Olina) , you would always be on the top floor (tall ceilings) and viewing the golf course or marina if you have a Mountain View Penthouse (aka Island View).

Here are the Ko Olina Penthouse codes. ZZBA - Ocean View (OV) - Full 2 BR ZZBB - Island View (IV) - Full 2 BR

For those who exchange, there are some additional codes you might see. OVPM - OV - Penthouse Master 1 BR OVPG - OV - Penthouse Guest Rm IVMP - IV - Master Penthouse 1 BR IVGP - IV- Guest Penthouse Rm

Each property has it's own codes, and the codes hear are specific to Ko Oliina. Codes are seldom referenced but very valuable to someone exchanging.

Hope this helps.

James W.

Last edited by jimw143 on Oct 11, 2009 05:44 AM

Oct 11, 2009

That helps a lot. Thanks, Marty & Jim for the explanation of those codes. Yes, we've always been on the top floor of Ko Olina and the high ceilings are lovely, as well as the view. So ZZBB means penthouse, island view. We're using it as 2 weeks in a month's time. When I did the lock-off Ko Olina didn't have a studio to follow exactly our Master (Saturday), but when I went to exchange the studio through II, there was one!

There sure is lots to learn, but these forums are very helpful. Thanks again. Madeline

Mel J.
Nov 25, 2009

Does any one know what code OVTG stands for. I have an II exchange for November 2010 in one of these units.

Ken M.

Last edited by kenmartin on Nov 25, 2009 09:28 PM

Jan 13, 2010

Hi Jim, I was reading your message and also found it helpful. Do you know what it means if the unit is listed as DZZBB? I am sending my parents in a few weeks and would love to know. smed1920@verizon.net Thanks! Sandy

Sandy D.
Mar 24, 2010

Can you tell me what a DZZAA unit is please? Thanks, k

Karen D.
Apr 14, 2010

I too am looking to find out what "DZZAA' means if anyone finds out. Thanks!

M B.
Jun 18, 2010

Varies means the owner renting the property has moutainview and has probably in the past, (when KoOlina was not busy) was able to land an oceanview rm. Its very misleading and not helpful to anyone. Either you are oceanview or your not!

Mark T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.